Electric Engines.

CityStorms

The forestry dev really hates the fact that his mod was included in technic/tekkit as it was originally added with out his consent. Which is something that a portion of the minecraft mod community is strongly against.

Now Instead of asking for it to be removed or communicating to the technic devs in any way he decided to take matters into his own hands. Which led to him adding code to detect if his mod was installed by the technic launcher and enabled a nasty bit of code to destroy your worlds.This prompted the technic devs to remove his mod from the pack for good as it can not be trusted.

Since then he removed the nasty code from the mod and appears content for the time being to allow his mod to be manually installed.

P.S. I really need to start copy and pasting this.

The forestry dev really hates the fact that his mod was included in technic/tekkit as it was originally added with out his consent. Which is something that a portion of the minecraft mod community is strongly against.

Now Instead of asking for it to be removed or communicating to the technic devs in any way he decided to take matters into his own hands. Which led to him adding code to detect if his mod was installed by the technic launcher and enabled a nasty bit of code to destroy your worlds.This prompted the technic devs to remove his mod from the pack for good as it can not be trusted.

Since then he removed the nasty code from the mod and appears content for the time being to allow his mod to be manually installed.

P.S. I really need to start copy and pasting this.

Sorry to a bother. Thanks.

That's so cool! He made code that detects if it is being used by tekkit? If I ever learn code, I have to learn how to make something like that. Seeing how tekkit didn't ask for permission, I don't really think that Sir.Sengir needed to either. What happened to peoples worlds by the way?

EDIT: sir buttivere of dumbtable..... I seem to have aggroed the mods.... Oh well.

If it detected the technic launcher it would seriously cripple the bee system so you could not breed most bees. As well as adding 3 special bee types that attacked the player and would even explode like TnT destroying parts of your world. It was rather nasty if you had a automated bee system as the whole thing would quickly explode upon updating to that version of forestry.

Theirs more details of how he did it and exactly what he did in another thread. Where his mod was decompiled to make a patch to allow people to manually install the mod while we waitted to see if he would remove/disable it. All the patch did was edit the code to check for something else instead of technic. Also note that the people who decompiled the mod and made the patch are in no way linked to the tenhnic devs. Also this was done after it was removed from technic and before it's author disabled the code him self.

From what I hear all the code is still present in the latest version of forestry but is just disabled so he can quickly reactivate it or change it to target another modpack.

That's so cool! He made code that detects if it is being used by tekkit? If I ever learn code, I have to learn how to make something like that. Seeing how tekkit didn't ask for permission, I don't really think that sir buttivere of dumbtable needed to either. What happened to peoples worlds by the way?

You do realize what happens when you type "sir.sengir" without the period, right? :twisted: Fanbois need not apply. If you were following the forestry hoo-ha, I believe permission was asked after the fact and refused. But we don't really need to re-hash this, do we?

• Forum Administrators

That's so cool! He made code that detects if it is being used by tekkit? If I ever learn code, I have to learn how to make something like that. Seeing how tekkit didn't ask for permission, I don't really think that sir buttivere of dumbtable needed to either. What happened to peoples worlds by the way?

Don't be dumb like Mr. Sengir. The problem with his way is pretty obvious to most people, but let me explain it to you why his "attack" was so silly.

First, it did nothing to hurt Technic. Nothing negative happened to us. His intention (I have to imagine) was that people would play with Technic, starting having issues, have them assume it's Technic then Technic gets a bad reputation among players. What actually happened instead is that we saw changes to the code that didn't make sense. Dug deeper and found a laughable attempt to hide is work. He had already had changes made to bee breeding before, but nobody noticed. So he spent even more time and effort coding it things that would destroy people's worlds. he also tried to hide it but didn't do a very good job, and people much smarter than I about this sort of thing chuckled among themselves about it, so I have to assume it was silly.

Second, he never talked to us. We tried getting in contact with him multiple times and never got a response. I know he knew we were trying too because he denied a decent donation from us without response as well. Since his little trick was going to actually destroy player's worlds, he decided that players were a part of whatever thing he had a problem with as well. While this might work in a weirdo hard-lined idiot echo chamber like the MC Forums, out here in the ~real world~ we know doing something like that is called a 'dick move' and know someone that would go through all that trouble (and hide it poorly) is usually someone you don't want to associate with.

Third, it punished anyone using the Launcher for any reason. You use the Technic Launcher to modify your vanilla game? You also get worlds destroyed, even if you went through and modded the game yourself, went through all the forum links and clicked 'thanks' and whatever, you still got punished. I wonder what someone would think if they were playing their own game and their worlds got destroyed. I'd probably go 'what the fuck Forestry is broke as fuck, nuke bees, what a POS' but I'm a little biased.

What happened is that we found his anti-technic code, made a small post on the main site about how we were removing Forestry because of it. The response from the Technic community was "*yawn* more drama, have you seen the new RedPower?". The response outside of Technic was some people getting either annoyed or upset with Mr. Sengir, and now he gets upset anytime anyone mentions Technic or Tekkit.

Hell I could have told him exactly what was going to happen, but what do I know.

Here is something that KakerMix missed, the reason they never asked for premission in the first place is that at the time technic was never intended to be public. Since it was intended to be just a small personal modpact born out of how hard/frustrating it was at the time to use more then a few mods at a time. Which was shared between themselves and a few friends that discovered what they were doing.

However things began to escalate slowly as those friends shared it with their friends and so on. Eventually leading to the Yogcast discovering it by chance and posting a spot light on it. Which instantly put the pack into the lime light causing a massive surge in popularity and a equally massive surge in the demand of the pack. As a result the devs began work on preparing the pack for the masses as well as their attempts to get all the needed permissions form the mod authors.

Now unfortunately for a good bit of the mod authors the damage has already been done due to the fact that the devs never got permission before it was unintentionally made public. Which naturally pissed off a bunch of them but thankfully over time they been able to get permission from most of them. This is also part of the reason behind the devs focusing on boosting donations to the mod authors while refusing donations themselves.

Note, this may not be fully accurate as it was put together from memory of the many posts the devs did over the course of this issue. So feel free to correct any errors I may of made.

In conclusion, Sir Sengir has a Stick Log Bee hive in his ass when it comes to destroying Fort Technic. He tried to sneak in a Nuclear Bomb using a Trojan horse. Anyway his mod was only good for 2 things, one being the bio fuel and the other being electric engines.