Nether Iron does not work in Macerator

YaLTeR

Question

Title: Nether Iron does not work in Macerator

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: 1.7u4

Description of Problem:

NEI shows that 1 Nether Iron Ore can be macerated into 4 iron dusts. However when I place Nether Iron Ore into a Macerator nothing happens.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

20 answers to this question

By the way same with Nether Gold Ore. Nether Coal and Nether Diamond macerate correctly into 2 coal and 2 diamond. Also Nether Tin and Nether Copper work well. I did not test with Nether Redstone because output in furnace = output in macerator and furnace is faster.

I'm having the same problem and i found that its got to be something to with the server side and not the client side tho since using the Tekkit client and starting a single player world the macerator works fine with the Nether Iron and Nether Gold there like it should, it produces 4 dust for each nether ore put in.

In looking at the "NetherOresCore.class" file there are 2 lines that are for gold and iron and not for the rest of them, not sure if that makes a difference or not tho, i'm not really good with java:

if ((Boolean.parseBoolean(enableMaceratorRecipes.value)) && (ModLoader.isModLoaded("mod_IC2")))

{

ItemStack goldDust = Items.getItem("goldDust");

ItemStack ironDust = Items.getItem("ironDust");

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 0), new ItemStack(Item.COAL, 2));

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 1), new ItemStack(Item.DIAMOND, 2));

if (goldDust != null)

{

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 2), new ItemStack(goldDust.id, 4, 0));

}

if (ironDust != null)

{

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 3), new ItemStack(ironDust.id, 4, 0));

}

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 4), new ItemStack(Item.INK_SACK, 8, 4));

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 5), new ItemStack(Item.REDSTONE, 6));

System.out.println("NetherOres: loaded Macerator Recipes");

}

My guess from the code is that they are trying to pull in the items for gold dust and iron dust and that's not loading properly, perhaps they are called something else or there is a different way to refer to them.

ItemStack ironDust = Items.getItem("ironDust");

Also in that list of macerator stuff it doesn't include Nether Copper or Nether Tin both of which macerate into 2 regular ores per, which goes into 2 dusts if run thru again, thereby giving 4 dust per nether ore for Nether Copper and Nether Tin .

So...wherever the Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe is listed f the Nether Copper and Nether Tin, would be the best place to look to find out how best to fix the Nether Gold and Nether Iron.

I am not sure if the name goldDust and ironDust shouldn't be just Gold Dust and Iron Dust, and I'm not sure if this is right either:

15:04:42 [iNFO] Initializing alchemy values for Equivalent Exchange..

15:04:42 [iNFO] NetherOres: loaded Macerator Recipes <------------------------

15:04:42 [iNFO] Loading properties

15:04:42 [iNFO] Starting Minecraft server on *:25565

15:04:43 [iNFO] Loaded codechicken.wirelessredstone.core.CommandFreq

15:04:43 [iNFO] [iC2] Config loaded from C:\Users\Daniel_Server\Desktop\Tek

15:04:44 [iNFO] CONFLICT @ 1237 item slot already occupied by ccSensors.sha

15:04:44 [iNFO] CONFLICT @ -41 item slot already occupied by ccSensors.shar

15:04:44 [iNFO] [ccSensors] INFO: Loading SensorModule: Buildcraft

15:04:44 [iNFO] [ccSensors] INFO: Loading SensorModule: IndustrialCraft2

15:04:44 [iNFO] [ccSensors] INFO: Loading SensorModule: Forestry

15:04:44 [iNFO] [ccSensors] INFO: mod_Forestry not found - SensorModule is

15:04:44 [iNFO] [ccSensors] INFO: Loading SensorModule: RedPower2

15:04:44 [iNFO] [ccSensors] INFO: Loading SensorModule: EquivalentExchange

15:04:44 [iNFO] [ccSensors] INFO: Loading SensorModule: APS

15:04:44 [iNFO] [ccSensors] INFO: mod_BuildcraftAPS not found - SensorModul

15:04:44 [iNFO] [ccSensors] INFO: Loading SensorModule: APS

15:04:44 [iNFO] [ccSensors] INFO: mod_ThaumCraft not found - SensorModule i

15:04:44 [iNFO] CONFLICT @ -78 item slot already occupied by net.minecraft.

15:04:44 [iNFO] CompactSolars: MinecraftForge minor version mismatch, expec

15:04:44 [iNFO] CONFLICT @ -204 item slot already occupied by net.minecraft

15:04:44 [iNFO] RedPowerCore: MinecraftForge minor version mismatch, expect

15:04:44 [iNFO] Starting BuildCraft 2.2.14

15:04:44 [iNFO] Copyright © SpaceToad, 2011

15:04:44 [iNFO] http://www.mod-buildcraft.com

15:04:44 [iNFO] [iC2] Loading IC2 submodule: bcIntegration22x <------------------

15:04:44 [iNFO] [iC2] BuildCraft integration module loaded <------------------

15:04:44 [iNFO] [iC2] Loaded minor compatibility modules: none <------------------

15:04:45 [iNFO] ComputerCraft: turtleBlockID 216

NO is loaded before forge even realizes IC is in there.

The other thing I was going to suggest is find where the nether copper & nether tin recipes are, they aren't in the nether ores files. Maybe they are in the files where the tin and copper are defined? I'm just not sure if that's ic2 or redpower.

The problem must lie in the Nether Ores class files, I'm 100% sure of this, the reasoning behind this assumption is the fact that Ic2 and RedPower do not have nether ores, thus couldn't have a recipe to macerate them. So the problem must be in some code in one of the nether ores class files that attempts to insert the recipes for nether iron and gold into the IC2 recipes list for macerators.

If I knew anything about java and had the source files for nether ores I'd fix this myself, but alas I don't have the time to do it, although I really wish I did.

Oh by the way, this

is just because Item.something is an object containing all the mc vanilla items, and Items.getItem can be used for items added through mods. If somebody has time, try putting System.out.println(goldDust); after that line to see what it gives. If it gives null, then the name goldDust is off or goldDust isn't registered yet.

Something interesting to note, if you put Nether Iron in a Rotary Macerator, it appears to work. However, when you try to retrieve the iron dust, it suddenly glitches back into the Nether Iron it used to be. So it doesn't really macerate, it just appears to in a Rotary Macerator. Normal Macerators will not start the process at all.

I think it could be easally fixed or worked around by changing

if (goldDust != null)

{

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 2), new ItemStack(goldDust.id, 4, 0));

}

if (ironDust != null)

{

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 3), new ItemStack(ironDust.id, 4, 0));

}
 to 

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 2), new ItemStack(Item.IronOre, 2, 0));

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 3), new ItemStack(Item.GoldOre, 2, 0));

This will however increase the amount of times you need to macerate this stuff...

if (goldDust != null)

{

}

if (ironDust != null)

{

}
 to

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 2), new ItemStack(Item.IronOre, 2, 0));

Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(new ItemStack(blockNetherOres.id, 1, 3), new ItemStack(Item.GoldOre, 2, 0));

This will however increase the amount of times you need to macerate this stuff...

I think just removing the "if (ironDust != null)" stuff works better. If it's that easy to add new macerator recipes, then why doesn't the mod creator do that instead of writing his own code that IC2 apparently isn't even compatible with?

I'm not proficient in java, I wish I had the time to learn it but I don't. So correct me if I'm wrong, but if another mod was affecting netherores providing correct macerating instructions to MC, wouldn't the macerations not work with copper and tin. If maybe the reasoning is these are added by a mod, then what about diamonds, coal and redstone all macerating correctly?

Most people put Nether Coal directly in the furnace, so I decided to see if it works in the macerator and it does. So this tells me that maybe there was an oversight in the code, or some mistake that was overlooked? Sadly I don't find it odd that it hasn't been fixed yet since TehCrush (or TehKrush depending how anal you are about his name) specifically said he wasn't updating it for 1.2.5, instead waiting for 1.3.

I seriously doubt that TehC(K)rush would object to anyone taking it upon themselves to correct the mistake as long as they ask for his permission, then maybe get the Tekkit team to add it to the server files so that the rest of us (obviously OCD ridden) server owners can update our servers with a fuller working version of Nether Ores.

I'd greatly appreciate anyone who decided to take on this project.

if (goldDust != null)

{

}

if (ironDust != null)

{

}
 to

Can someone release this fix for the current tekkit server release, so its at least macerateable?

I don't care if the client will sync up wrongly, it can be corrected by the server later on anyway.