Quarry not working - Tried everything, certain should be working.

Rainecar

Question

Title: Quarry not working - Tried everything, certain should be working.

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: Newest.

Description of Problem:

I have tried using steam engines, my windmills, solar power, everything. Nothing will work! I have followed every tutorial, and it just won't start building itself.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

17 answers to this question

Title: Quarry not working - Tried everything, certain should be working.

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: Newest.

Description of Problem:

I have tried using steam engines, my windmills, solar power, everything. Nothing will work! I have followed every tutorial, and it just won't start building itself.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

op [buildcraft]

While trying everything, you could also tell us specifically what your setup looks like so that we may critique it.

• Steam engines need to point towards the quarry, be powered, and have something to burn inside them.
  • If using landmarks, the Quarry is placed outside, by the red line (the corner of it, but not diagonally).
  • IC2 power has to run through an energy link placed beside the quarry (no pipes connecting them, just place it adjacent).
  • Remember the quarry has to build itself and it takes time proportional to the amount of Buildcraft Joules it is receiving.
  • Last minute thought: IC2 to Buildcraft conversions happen on a 5:2 ratio, so your 1EU/t from IC2 solar panels translates into bug-all. You'll need 10-22.5EU/t to translate into a decent, noticeable speed (in running, building is always particularly slow).

Once we rule out user error, then we call it a bug.

While trying everything, you could also tell us specifically what your setup looks like so that we may critique it.

• Steam engines need to point towards the quarry, be powered, and have something to burn inside them.
  • If using landmarks, the Quarry is placed outside, by the red line (the corner of it, but not diagonally).
  • IC2 power has to run through an energy link placed beside the quarry (no pipes connecting them, just place it adjacent).
  • Remember the quarry has to build itself and it takes time proportional to the amount of Buildcraft Joules it is receiving.
  • Last minute thought: IC2 to Buildcraft conversions happen on a 5:2 ratio, so your 1EU/t from IC2 solar panels translates into bug-all. You'll need 10-22.5EU/t to translate into a decent, noticeable speed (in running, building is always particularly slow).

Once we rule out user error, then we call it a bug.

I am positive that it isn't user error. I watched/EXACTLY followed EVERY step. Steam engines were proper, I tried windmills, solar power, nuclear power, redstone engines, I tried at least 20 methods. Also, I should mention that my server host is www.minecraft-servers.com. I dunno, the bug could be on their part? Anyway, I really really want to get my quarry working, and there's nothing it will do. Two people who have had 100's of hours of experience with tekkit couldn't figure it out. Anyway, I just want to figure this out. :/

Did you try filling your shoes with marmalade and converting to Rastafarianism?

Yes. Unfortunately, the marmalade ate the rastafarian hat, turned it into a pastafarian hat, And now I believe a giant noodle created the earth :(

I'd be careful around here with saying you've "tried everything." :twisted:

Anyway, have you opped [buildCraft]?

What do you mean by opping buildcraft? haha, I'm not extremely familiar with tekkit yet. I've only had it for a week, with around 10 hours of playtime.

Might want to use the edit feature instead of a triple post within 2 minutes.

I still would like a picture or explanation of how you tried, as no matter what I've seen, "I watched/EXACTLY followed EVERY step" usually doesn't mean much and is mostly a cry for help.

As this is tekkit and you seem to have your own host, would you be willing to invite me in to check it out? That or I'm available via Skype if you're able to share your screen.

I just have a difficult time declaring a server error when it's most often not.

Might want to use the edit feature instead of a triple post within 2 minutes.

I still would like a picture or explanation of how you tried, as no matter what I've seen, "I watched/EXACTLY followed EVERY step" usually doesn't mean much and is mostly a cry for help.

As this is tekkit and you seem to have your own host, would you be willing to invite me in to check it out? That or I'm available via Skype if you're able to share your screen.

I just have a difficult time declaring a server error when it's most often not.

Absolutely, here is the IP. Do note, the server is only a week old, and only me and a couple friends have played on it so far, so it's not exactly developed, so dont expect a nice spawn or anything ;)

Are there any other mods in Tekkit that use a fake player account? IC2 maybe.

Yes. For the IC2 Miner to work, u need it. Also computercraft and Redpower. All mods that are "breaking" or "placing" blocks use fake players.

/op [Redpower]

/op [Computercraft]

/op [industrialcraft]