Tekkit server scrambing chunks

dracosilv

Question

Title: Tekkit server scrambing chunks

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: Unknown, hosted on beastnode

Description of Problem:

What seems to happen is that the server scrambles and jumbles chunks around, shifting them around at random.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

13 answers to this question

Are you using multiple worlds plugin? I had the same issue and had to revert to 1 world. The problem I was having is the server wasnt aware which seed to pick, and always picked the seed of the "last person to log into the server" So if your on it own your own, its fine, as soon as someone else logs in and goes to another world the seed changed, and it only used the one seed to generate new chunks for all maps! Was really irritating.

Tekkit 3.0.4

+

World Portal

-xgermz

• Forum Administrators

I have never seen chunks jumble around after they have already been generated. You probably have some sort of plugin interfering with something. I have never seen a base Tekkit build do any of this.

Are you using the NoLagg plugin? I can't be 100% sure it's related, but I tried using it a while back and very soon after users found a few chunks that were out of place but already had some torches placed on them, like they were copied from somewhere else on that map. That was a bit too coincidental for me so I disabled NoLagg and it didn't happen again.

Ram is not the issue. Guys, what's happening is when one user explores an area, it creates those chunks up to what they explored. After a server reset if someone explores beyond where the first person explored then it uses a different seed to generate the edge of the previously max explored area from before it reset. You get these annoying cliffsides of different biomes. I have areas where the ocean literally is butted up against a ravine and the ocean is being held out of the ravine magically for some reason.

I use multiverse on beastnode also. The likelihood of his ram and mine both being screwed up (along with anyone else using multiworld plugins and tekkit) is highly unlikely. I'm also not using NoLagg due to the fact it should be called "addLagg".

multiverse and worlportal have issues with tekkit which "picking the right seed"

Testing on my own server, using both plugins seperatly, saw that after restarting a server, it would randomly decide to use the seed of the "first person to log into the server" as the seed to be used for all worlds, the only solution i found was to remove multiple worlds :(

Yes clearly tekkit should not be supporting multiple world servers because it pretty much breaks everything in them when multiworld plugins are being used.

Course now I need to know how to setup a tutorial so that when players die they don't spawn at the tutorial but they spawn at the central spawn point unless they haven't completed he tutorial...ugh simple stuff that is so easy with multiworld...

Yes clearly tekkit should not be supporting multiple world servers because it pretty much breaks everything in them when multiworld plugins are being used.

Course now I need to know how to setup a tutorial so that when players die they don't spawn at the tutorial but they spawn at the central spawn point unless they haven't completed he tutorial...ugh simple stuff that is so easy with multiworld...

Use Essentials Spawn, you can make different spawns for different groups... Tutorial players can be in Group A with spawn at tutorial.... Once they complete make them move to another group Group B which spawns wherever you want them to.