How do I remove "convenient" inventory?

Naturam

Convenient inventory and inv tweaks are 2 different mods. I never installed inv tweaks in the first place but there's no option to not install convenient inventory but its still there.

This is what my modloader file looks like:

#ModLoader Config

#Mon Jan 30 17:03:21 CET 2012

mod_ModLoaderMp=on

mod_RedPowerArray=on

mod_IC2=on

mod_Clevercraft=on

mod_NetherOres=on

mod_ItemDescriptions=on

mod_BuildCraftBuilders=on

mod_Forestry=on

mod_RedPowerWiring=on

mod_MineFactory=on

mod_IC2AdvancedMachines=on

mod_RedPowerWorld=on

mod_RedPowerCore=on

mod_PowerConverters=on

mod_RedPowerLogic=on

mod_BuildCraftCore=on

mod_MineFactoryCompat_Grass=on

loggingLevel=FINER

mod_BuildCraftEnergy=on

mod_RedPowerMachine=on

mod_BuildCraftFactory=on

mod_WirelessRedstoneClient=on

mod_Railcraft=on

grassFix=true

mod_WirelessRedstone=on

mod_RedPowerLighting=on

mod_EnderChest=on

mod_ChargingBench=on

mod_BuildCraftTransport=on

Delete ConvenientInventory.class from your minecraft.jar. If Minecraft crashes and burns after you do this, get a vanilla ft.class (pretty sure forge doesn't touch that one) and put it in your minecraft.jar. Those are the only two files that are a part of CI.

Also, CI isn't a modloader mod I'm pretty sure (those require a mod_*.class file to initialize afaik), so that's why you're not finding it in the modloader.cfg.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, what is the things you dont like it? Because if it isn't in your jar, it could be another mod.

It makes it so shift-click doesn't stack items into containers or out of containers. This feature is changed to alt-click instead but it doesn't just move what you click on. It moves all objects of that type in your inventory. On top of that. Conventient Inventory considers all the IC cables to be the same item. So if you alt click copper cables into a chest it takes all cables, gold, iron, tin and then some tools and move it all into the chest or out of the chest.

It also considers all redpower items to be the same so alt clicking some nicolite into a chest also moves all sapphires, emeralds, rubies, tungsten and so on into the same chest.

The alt key also hangs up when you alt-tab out of the game so just clicking an item will move all of them into and out of chests. Or in my case clicking a uranium cell moved all the cells in my inventory into the reactor. Causing the cables to burn and a transformer to explode. I talked to the author and he says that this is mojangs fault and not his and he seems content with that "solution"

it wont be in minecraft.jar.. itll be in modpack.jar

No such jar. There are 4 jar files in total in the minecraft folder after installation.

minecraft.jar

lwjgl_util.jar

jinput.jar

lwjgl.jar

I also don't see why this mod should be included without any option to disable it.

According to the main tekkit 2.0 download page, Convenient Inventory is listed in the Mods featured list.

The file is named CI2.2.zip

if it is included in tekkit 2 it should be easy to locate this file

The way I understand it is that (in)convenient inventory is not a modloader mod. Its just thrown in there.

I tried the advice above. I found that technic launcher had its own folder next to the minecraft folder. Found modpack.jar in there and removes convenientinventory.class and so far it seems to have solved the problem.

Personally I don't see the point of having it at all. The pack already comes with invtweaks and at least that one is optional.

• 4 months later...