How do you assign more RAM to a tekkit server?

Right im2awsm it is very simple to assign more ram to a server.

When you download a Tekkit server it comes with a launch.bat file that you click to run the server (I assume you already know that if you are running a server).

To increase the RAM of a server...

1. Just right click on the launch.bat file

2. Select "Edit"

3. Then next to Xmx change the value to what you want as the max RAM the server uses (the RAM is measured in Gigabytes for this file so change the value accordingly).

For instance if a wanted 10 Gigabytes of RAM I would put Xmx10G so the whole file would look like this:

java -Xmx10G -Xms3G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

pause

If you want any other help with this issue then don't hesitate to MSG me (or post it here but I may not see it immediately if you post it here).

• 6 months later...

Right im2awsm it is very simple to assign more ram to a server.

When you download a Tekkit server it comes with a launch.bat file that you click to run the server (I assume you already know that if you are running a server).

To increase the RAM of a server...

1. Just right click on the launch.bat file

2. Select "Edit"

3. Then next to Xmx change the value to what you want as the max RAM the server uses (the RAM is measured in Gigabytes for this file so change the value accordingly).

For instance if a wanted 10 Gigabytes of RAM I would put Xmx10G so the whole file would look like this:

java -Xmx10G -Xms3G -jar Tekkit.jar nogui

pause

If you want any other help with this issue then don't hesitate to MSG me (or post it here but I may not see it immediately if you post it here).

There should be more people like you.