[REQUEST] 4 x 4 / 8 x 8 texture pack?

Excellion1498

Okay, so, my computer is laggy as hell, and I barely manage to run the Technic pack with all fast settings and Millenaire disabled. To help, since I know other people have lag problems as well, could anyone out there make an 8x8 or 4x4 texture pack (with a smaller texures.png, obviously) to help with the lag problem?

@MineFabi: I know that that's the main problem, Mo' creatures and Millenaire, but I'd prefer not to remove some of the mods, mainly because that's what really adds to the mod. Without some of the main mods, the ones that really lag the CPU, it's not really the smae experience that I enjoy.

@zedzaw: That sounds cool, I'm looking forward to it!

@Nentify: It is possible, there are several 8x8 packs on the regular MC forums, and even 2 4x4 packs that actually have smaller textures.png's. It definitely works to decrease lag, and I have tried removing Millenaire and Mo' Creatures, but the sheer bulk of mods just overloads my computer. I am saving up for a proper gaming one right now.

@Nentify: It is possible, there are several 8x8 packs on the regular MC forums, and even 2 4x4 packs that actually have smaller textures.png's. It definitely works to decrease lag, and I have tried removing Millenaire and Mo' Creatures, but the sheer bulk of mods just overloads my computer. I am saving up for a proper gaming one right now.

Mm, though the last time I checked, OptiFine didn't exist, only MCPatcher which only had 16x - 526x support. :P

Surely you could just decrease the current pack by 2 or 4 and fix any missing details?

A 4x4 texture pack would be so pointless.. you might as well use the default texture pack, because it's not the texture pack that causes lag (except for comparing a 8x8 to a 256x256). Edit some things in OptiFine, that normally helps.