The Great Goal Guide

Gather some reeds and seeds while setting up your first home. As soon as you are able, craft some crop sticks and start your IC2 agriculture. Collect any other species of plant that you can find (i.e. flowers, roses, pumpkins, melons) for cross breeding. That stickreed is amazing if you cant seem to find rubber trees.

Use the massive amounts of excess reeds to make plant balls. Compress and extract those to make biofuel. Throw up a canning machine and feed your generators filled fuel cans instead of coal and charcoal.

should definitely include divining rods and alchemy bag early on the list, first diamonds should go that way, with a philosophers stone as soon as you can get to the nether, and a transmutation tablet as soon as you can get obsidian. Why? Because if you love IC2 you'll need rubber. Lots of rubber. More rubber. And yet more rubber. And unless you have some fancy farm technique, treetapping or cutting it down manually is a pain. EE will allow you to use EMC to make rubber logs or resin which can then be extracted or smelted.

The list is getting a little long. Try splitting up the goals into different sections based on mod or play time (i.e. early game, mid game, late game, extras).

Edit: Also, if anyone suggests builds as goals. Try to find a youtube video or forum post describing it. That way the link can be posted in the OP rather than a sizable description.

I consider them different paths. Do you want buildcraft-style auto farmer? or do you want to manually mine with Industrial craft? or if you dislike mining, you can build complex machines with RedPower and EE. It all depends what you like. I do a bit of a mix of IC with EE/Red power personally.

Techno-mancy VS Techno-wizardry

Well, the purpose of this list is to introduce the player to as much as possible. This isn't a walkthrough with a specific path in mind. It's a guide to discover what paths you like best. In a way, this isn't about what's the best way to play Tekkit because that's impossible to gauge. Everyone plays the game different. It's an introduction to the game.

• 7 months later...