The Great Goal Guide

Contributors: disconsented, Foreplaying, Jay?, Nentify, OmegaJasam, Psycho Yuffie, The Merchant of Menace, Torenzu, warpspeed10

I wish to create a list of goals to follow in Tekkit. Why? To help introduce myself to everything Tekkit has to offer. Slowly allowing me to discover how to do things: starting from simple and eventually becoming gradually more complex over time. Problem is that I don't know enough about the game to make this guide on my own. I need the help from experienced players.

The far-reaching goal of this guide is to help others who are new to the game as well. Hopefully it will become a reference at some point in the future. That would be cool.

If you have a suggestion, please tell me what the goal is and where it should be on the list. Thanks a lot for your time. Keep in mind that the steps are meant to be vague. How to accomplish each goal is supposed to be up to the player to discover.

The Great Goal Guide

Early Game

1. Find wood.

2. Craft planks from wood.

3. Craft a crafting table from planks.

4. Craft a pickaxe.

5. Find coal.

6. Craft a furnace.

7. Craft a chest.

8. Build a kitchen.

9. Craft leather armor.

10. Craft a treetap.

11. Find a rubber tree.

12. Find rubber.

13. Plant rubber tree saplings around settled area.

14. Craft crop sticks.

15. Find reeds.

16. Create sticky resin.

17. Craft rubber boots.

18. Find copper.

19. Craft copper cables.

20. Build a storage area.

21. Craft a coke oven.

22. Gather seeds.

23. Build a farm.

24. Find a pet.

25. Build a barn.

26. Make an animal reproduce.

Mid-game

1. Find iron.

2. Craft an electric furnace.

3. Craft a generator.

4. Craft a batbox.

5. Craft a macerator.

6. Craft a electrical hoe.

7. Craft a electrical treetap.

8. Craft a chainsaw.

9. Craft a mining drill.

10. Craft a batpack.

11. Craft a compressor.

12. Craft a canning machine.

13. Craft biofuel.

14. Complete a house.

15. Find emeralds, rubies, and sapphires.

16. Craft a divining rod.

17. Find redstone.

18. Craft circuitry.

19. Craft solar panels.

20. Build an alchemy lab.

Late Game

1. Find diamonds.

2. Craft an alchemy bag.

3. Craft a diamond pickaxe.

4. Build an airship.

5. Craft a mining turtle.

6. Find obsidian.

7. Craft a transmutation tablet.

8. Craft a diamond drill.

9. Craft a lappack.

10. Craft a singularity compressor.

11. Create a nether portal.

12. Find glowstone.

13. Find netherstone.

14. Craft a philosopher's stone.

15. Craft a recycler.

16. Craft a blast furnace.

17. Craft a transmutation table.

18. Craft a mass fabricator.

Note: Does the order seem wrong to you? Let me know where something should go. Also, let me know if you see a crafting or building goal that requires a resource not mentioned. For instance, if I have something that requires red matter and I don't have a goal before it that says "find red matter," that would be something I want to be aware of. Thank you for your help.

None of this, aside from the pet and the precious gems, is any different from regular Minecraft. One of the biggest draws to Technic/Tekkit is the machines. You really need to get rubber and get a small machine shop going, both to increase output from resources collected, and to...oh, well, that's pretty much it to begin with.

Contributers: Psycho Yuffie

I wish to create a list of goals to follow in Tekkit. Why? To help introduce myself to everything Tekkit has to offer. Slowly allowing me to discover how to do things: starting from simple and eventually becoming gradually more complex over time. Problem is that I don't know enough about the game to make this guide on my own. I need the help from experienced players.

The far-reaching goal of this guide is to help others who are new to the game as well. Hopefully it will become a reference at some point in the future. That would be cool.

If you have a suggestion, please tell me what the goal is and where it should be on the list. Thanks a lot for your time. Keep in mind that the steps are meant to be vague. How to accomplish each goal is supposed to be up to the player to discover.

The Great Goal Guide

1. Harvest wood.

2. Craft planks from wood.

3. Create a crafting table from planks.

4. Craft a pickaxe.

5. Find coal.

6. Build a kitchen.

7. Craft leather armor.

8. Find copper.

9. Build a storage area.

10. Find a pet.

11. Find iron.

12. Craft iron armor.

13. Complete a house.

14. Find emeralds, rubies, and sapphires.

15. Find diamonds.

16. Craft a diamond pickaxe.

17. Craft diamond armor.

Don't do either of those. Complete and utter waste.

As said above, I'd recommend creating a treetap and searching for some rubber trees early on in the game. Then take the saplings and grow some around your house. This will help a lot later on in the game. Once you've made a house, I'd suggest making a batbox, some generators (starter power), and then some basic machines like a macerator and an electric furnace. Information about these machines are on the wiki and will probably be the first ones you use. Also looking into BuildCraft pipes to move items around machines and IC2 wires to transfer energy would help if you're new to Technic/Tekkit.

EDIT: Get every piece of coal you find, coal is very valuable at the beginning to get a basic energy supply going. Coal is used in generators which is used to create energy. The batbox stores energy. The wires transfer energy between machines. The macerator "grinds" items, for example you get 2 dust per ore. 2 dust can be smelted in to 2 ingots. Also iron. Iron is very important and used in a lot of recipes.

EDIT 2: You'll want a normal furnace first to smelt some sticky resin into rubber and iron and copper ore to create the machines. Use only what you need and leave the rest of ores aside for maceration later on. Another note, smelting sticky resin gives you 1 rubber, while putting it in an extractor will return 3 pieces.

I tend to craft iron armor once in Technic/Tekkit, because I find so much iron that it's not a big deal to do so. That one set lasts me until I have a Nanosuit. Crafting diamond armor in either mod pack is indeed a horrible waste of diamonds.

I never bother, that iron could be put to better use towards crafting the hundreds of solar panels you'll end up wanting. I also never use coal for burning, and instead set up a charcoal production factory, or if i'm feeling like a hippy, a biofuel factory.

I never bother, that iron could be put to better use towards crafting the hundreds of solar panels you'll end up wanting. I also never use coal for burning, and instead set up a charcoal production factory, or if i'm feeling like a hippy, a biofuel factory.

I've never really spent much time using generators in the first place, but the charcoal and biofuel factories sound ineresting. I know I saw someone on my server who made a cactus farm and the cactus dropped into generators, producing some energy. It was an interesting concept.

Yeah, that's pretty innefficient though. if you get a chainsaw you can tear through leaves, and theyll drop, and you can use them for plantballs, which can be turned to compressed plantballs, stuffed into cells, and extracted into biofuel, which can be stiffed into fuel cans. It ends up being several hundred times more efficient than just dumping the equivalent amount of plant matter into the generator. Charcoal factories ARE easier though.

...that iron could be put to better use towards crafting the hundreds of solar panels you'll end up wanting.

A suit needs 24 iron. It'll keep me alive while I'm caving to collect more iron. It will otherwise let you build...a little over 2 solar panels. (Each panel needs 10 refined iron.) I'm okay with not having 2 more panels in the early game. :)

Not me, leather armor is plenty if you have a gem sword at hand.

Leather...leather...okay, I can see that if you have cows or wolves around. I just don't usually move around on the surface long enough to find some. Personal preference, I guess.

Yeah, most machines (if not all) will require electronic circuits which require 2 redstone each, but are powered by electricity. Only the advanced machines require redstone input if you want them to stay on at full capacity.

Redstone and circuitry have been added to the guide. What else should be added to the guide?

Also, the people who have contributed to the guide have been given credit. I forgot to do that initially, but your names should be up there now.

Edit: I added goals for building a sugarcane and wheat farm and an alchemy lab.

Edit 2: I added a goal to craft an equivalent exchange.

Rubber and copper for some starting out copper cables? Also used in the electronic circuit recipe iirc.

Edit: Made me laugh a little "an equivalent exchange". Do you mean the transmution table? The whole mod is called EE. :P

Rubber and copper for some starting out copper cables? Also used in the electronic circuit recipe iirc.

Edit: Made me laugh a little "an equivalent exchange". Do you mean the transmution table? The whole mod is called EE. :P

Ahhhh! I'm so stupid. @@ I fixed it.

I also added copper cables and rubber boots to the goals. Thanks!

You may want to add getting obsidian and making a nether portal for glowstone which is required in the process of making the transmution table. I wouldn't personally use EE as I feel it takes a lot away from the game as there is no need to make some creative contraptions with machines to get resources needed as you can just get it all in one place. This is just my opinion and perhaps make it optional depending if you agree with how EE works or not. However it's good to try out if you're new.

Added a coke oven, eletrical hoe, electrical treetap, chainsaw, and mining drill to the games. Thank you, disconsented.

Maybe upgrade your mining drill to a diamond drill after you've got diamonds, then create a batpack (easy) and then later upgrade to a lappack (harder) when you can afford it. These store energy which are used to power tools in your inventory on the go. Lappack is an upgrade to the batpack if you were wondering. Batpack holds 40k eu and the lappack holds 600k eu (I think).