How to open the Launcher

Miasnow

I find the TechnicLauncher.exe file that I downloaded, but when I click on it, it installs so quickly that I don't see where it installs to. And when I do a search on my hard drive, I can't find the installed program anywhere, neither in the control panel or through search functions. I already installed it like 10 times, each time hoping that maybe this time it will work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!!

Miasnow

I should probably add that I do find something that was installed, but it can't be the Launcher, because there is nowhere to install mod packs from. When I click for example on one of the Trending Modpacks on the right side of the screen, it just takes me back to the http://www.technicpack.net/ website, and the "Install this modpack" button that doesnt work and doesnt install anything. I feel like I'm really missing something basic here.

Thanks

"I find the TechnicLauncher.exe file that I downloaded, but when I click on it, it installs so quickly that I don't see where it installs to."

TechnicLauncher.exe is not an installer. That's the launcher. if it's not starting, then that's a problem. There is probably logs showing what went wrong in %appdata%.techniclogs

But if running TechnicLauncher.exe isn't working then I would really recommend using our support site at support.technicpack.net

• 4 years later...

I have the same Problem. After installing the launcher there is no button to start it and i cant find the program. Neither in %appdata% nor somewhere else.

Funny thing is, the launcher started after Installation and worked. But after I closed it i couldnt find how to start it again.

Edited by I4n

I found a soloution. 

The problem was,  when I downloaded the launcher with Microsoft edge i didnt click on save but on execute. After that the TechnicLauncher.exe was nowhere to find. After downloading it again and saving it in my downloads folder I could use the exe there to start the program.