BuildCraft/ComputerCraft/Forestry/Redpower aren't working

Tubristus

Question

Title: BuildCraft/ComputerCraft/Forestry/Redpower aren't working

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: We use a 3rd Party Host, so information on this is unavailable.

Description of Problem:

Basically, any machine that breaks blocks (Quarries, Mining Wells, Mining Turtles, Loggers, Block Breakers - even exploding engines) don't break blocks. On Quarries, they make the frame, but the laser doesn't break any blocks, and with mining wells, they make the pipe, but break no blocks. It's kind of impairing our ability to play, so I've decided to look for a solution.

For reference, we are using the following plugins :

Essentials

LWC

ModifyWorld

PermissionsEx

RecipeManager

SafeCreeper

ChatFilter

GriefPrevention

Multiverse

What should we do?

Thanks.

Error Messages:

None.

Error Log:

None.

13 answers to this question

Add permissions for the fake users these mods use or op them.

Basically PEX is getting in the way. The users are

[buildcraft]

[Redpower]

and

[industrialcraft]

Since firestry isn't included in 3.0.3/3.0.4 I'll assume that was a typo, but if you've added it manually it's likely the same issue

Hi guys, currently on my tekkit server i have opped [buildCraft] and [redpower], now i want to see if i can limit the permissions of these 2 users so a quarry, wooden pipe or retriever cant effect things that are locked with LWC.

So i'm using PEX already but even on a clean server with only pex i cant get a quarry to work without opping it,

pastebin to pex config: http://pastebin.com/JCCK3e2S

Hi guys, currently on my tekkit server i have opped [buildCraft] and [redpower], now i want to see if i can limit the permissions of these 2 users so a quarry, wooden pipe or retriever cant effect things that are locked with LWC.

So i'm using PEX already but even on a clean server with only pex i cant get a quarry to work without opping it,

pastebin to pex config: http://pastebin.com/JCCK3e2S

So you give them permissions to claimed land but not LWC blocks. Good until someone quarries your roof all the way down to the topmost chest. XD

So you give them permissions to claimed land but not LWC blocks. Good until someone quarries your roof all the way down to the topmost chest. XD

i understand what you mean but what my problem is is that the quarry doesnt work at all. what do you mean with claimed land?

i test this on a clean server install with only PEX and modify world, and cant get the quarry to work WITHOUT opping [buildcraft]

@warpspeed10 i have looked but couldnt find this option

i understand what you mean but what my problem is is that the quarry doesnt work at all. what do you mean with claimed land?

i test this on a clean server install with only PEX and modify world, and cant get the quarry to work WITHOUT opping [buildcraft]

@warpspeed10 i have looked but couldnt find this option

Oooh, nevermind then. It's probably your permissions. I don't use PEX so I can't help you there. D=

I would deop the machines you don't want to break LWC locks.

Make sure they have the modifyworld.* permissions... not -modifyworld.*

This way they can modify the world, but not be given the LWC Admin permissions that would allow them to break LWC items.

To make this easier for you... Simply do this... OP your machines and then go into your LWC plugins folder and edit your core.yml

Change:

core:

locale:

autoUpdate: false

flushInterval: 10

cacheSize: 10000

defaultMenuStyle:

showNotices: true

showMyNotices: true

verbose:

opIsLWCAdmin: true   <----- Change this to false!!!

This will make it so if you are OP, you will not have LWC admin rights.