Cant connect to minecraft.net

I seem to be having some issues too. Sometimes it will say "Can't connect to minecraft.net" and it will also say in the news box "Oh no our Tumblr feed seems to be down!", then I'll restart the launcher and it will work fine. Also the initial "Checking Launcher Version.." box sometimes just hangs at 0%, or crashes completely with a "TechnicPackUpdate.exe has stopped responding" windows error.

According to the front page announcment they've tweaked the server as it was under alot of stress due to sheer numbers, so far this seems to have solved the issues for me.

I'm also 95% sure this thread is in the wrong section.

• 3 months later...

to fix the problem go to your start menu type "%appdata%" without the quotes and go to your .techniclauncher folder and delete the "lastlogin" and "launcher.properties" file and start up your launcher

i've the same problem, so i deleted lastlogin and launcher.properties but when i restart the launcher launcher.properties reappears! What must i do?

i've the same problem, so i deleted lastlogin and launcher.properties but when i restart the launcher launcher.properties reappears! What must i do?

It's meant to reappear, that was to reboot the properties...

Also, it's usually a good idea not to post in threads which died months ago, the moderators don't like it.

• 2 weeks later...