Help with Tekkit Server.

Hello,

I am an owner of a private Tekkit Server and we had a problem, when all of my players had the Forestry Mod Installed, but Forestry wasn't installed on the server, so we couldn't craft Forestry items, and we couldn't make important contraptions like Quarrys and other stuff. So now, I need help from you guys. I need to install Forestry on the server, but I have no idea how to do that. I already tried putting the Forestry jar file in the mods folder in my server, still didn't work. I am running a Bukkit server, not a Vanilla one. Please help me, I need help now.

Thank you,

lunhorror

No, I meant how do I install Forestry to the server, not opening the bukkit ports. Oh and I have dedicated hosting on Beastnode. Anyone has any ideas?

You get the bukkit port and stick it in the mods folder. You said you put the server jar file in the mods folder. The normal server jar file from Forestry's website is for vanilla MC servers. Bukkit-based servers (like tekkit) require you to install the bukkit port into the mod folder. Same process, different file.

If you have trouble, contact your host's customer service and have them help you. If you have an error because of a block id conflict, find my post about how to create and use a block id dump (if you don't know how). I suggest you create one before you begin.

I am also going to try and install Forestry onto my new Tekkit 3 server. Has anyone come across any Block ID conflicts, or will it slip in just fine?

I haven't installed forestry into Tekkit 3 (yet?) but, just in case, do a block ID dump before you install it (because it's easier at the start). If you run into block id conflicts, you'll have a list of what is used and what is unused so you can just change the config and get going.

Don't forget to give your server users the the block ids you assign to forestry.

If you don't know how: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/how-to-create-and-use-a-block-id-dump.10289/

I haven't installed forestry into Tekkit 3 (yet?) but, just in case, do a block ID dump before you install it (because it's easier at the start). If you run into block id conflicts, you'll have a list of what is used and what is unused so you can just change the config and get going.

Don't forget to give your server users the the block ids you assign to forestry.

If you don't know how: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/how-to-create-and-use-a-block-id-dump.10289/

Ahh, thanks for the link on block ID dumps. Will definitely do that in future. I've only checked manually in game up until now.

Went through with adding it anyway, and it works without having to change any block IDs (turns out Tekkit has a big Forestry shaped hole in it). All clients need to have added is the mod. All I've done is manually disable Forestry tin and copper generation in the config on the server, though I don't know if that's strictly necessary.

It isn't but it's nice. I can't stand having to deal with 2 types of copper and 2 types of tin because it makes chest sorting hard so what I always have to do is transmute one to the other if I encounter it.