The Gates of Argonath

Athazagoraphobia

I had this on another MC site, but I thought you folks could use some eye-candy of epic proportions.

*Ahem*

-This is a tall statue. You'll need to go down to bed rock.

-Portions of it are hollow. Which means that stuff will spawn inside of it, should you choose to make it your home.

-Use a world editor that uses schematic files to place it.

(Down @ bedrock)

Very nice I like it ;) , *has strange craving for blueprints*

Is that possible? Suckers huge.

But if it is, than I know I'd like to see a blueprint too. Editing it in isn't as much fun.

I don't even know how to make a blueprint of it. You tell me, I'll deliver. And yeah, huge. 38x85x119 I believe.

I feel like they could do with some details, using cobble, mossy, gravel and whatnot.

Well... From what I know of LOTR, the Gates are hewn out of solid rock. Two mountains, into two men. Feel free to add detail, although it's kinda wasted IMO with the fog and and the height coupled with the fact I'm working with a 1m^3 block. You want detail, you'll have to raise the height of the world or something.

Well... From what I know of LOTR, the Gates are hewn out of solid rock. Two mountains, into two men. Feel free to add detail, although it's kinda wasted IMO with the fog and and the height coupled with the fact I'm working with a 1m^3 block. You want detail, you'll have to raise the height of the world or something.

I'm well aware of the Gates of Argonath. They Were hewn out of solid rock, but they are also ancient. Think Great Pyramids ancient, except in a less dry environment. There would definitely be some cracking and wearing, and considering their location on the river Anduin, there should be moss especially around their feet.

did you use world edit or create this all by hand, if by hand- wow that's some dexterity you got there ;)

This other guy did a majority of the 'heavy lifting.' I used MCEdit.

I'm well aware of the Gates of Argonath. They Were hewn out of solid rock, but they are also ancient. Think Great Pyramids ancient, except in a less dry environment. There would definitely be some cracking and wearing, and considering their location on the river Anduin, there should be moss especially around their feet.

Welp...It's just wasted effort IMO. In a previous world, I had them underwater, but again, the problem is that it's so bloody large. Whoops.

I had this on another MC site, but I thought you folks could use some eye-candy of epic proportions.

*Ahem*

-This is a tall statue. You'll need to go down to bed rock.

-Portions of it are hollow. Which means that stuff will spawn inside of it, should you choose to make it your home.

-Use a world editor that uses schematic files to place it.

(Down @ bedrock)

athazagoraphobia what does it feel like to be a fuckin idiot