Passing pipes and wires through hollow blocks?

Hello all, i've been checking on the RedPower2 recipe list to see what this mod brings and i found this:

"Arranging 8 vertically sliced blockpieces in this pattern will give you 8 hollow pieces of the same thickness. Those are used if you want tubes or a jacketed wire to go through a wall without leaving a big gap." ¸

-http://nemesis.evalq.net/RedPower2/recipes.html#block_cut_triplecover

And i tried, but it doesn't work. Could someone help me? (Not making it, but passing pipes and wires through it)

Hello all, i've been checking on the RedPower2 recipe list to see what this mod brings and i found this:

"Arranging 8 vertically sliced blockpieces in this pattern will give you 8 hollow pieces of the same thickness. Those are used if you want tubes or a jacketed wire to go through a wall without leaving a big gap." ¸

-http://nemesis.evalq.net/RedPower2/recipes.html#block_cut_triplecover

And i tried, but it doesn't work. Could someone help me? (Not making it, but passing pipes and wires through it)

Generally speaking, you have to place the pipes/wires *before* you place the hollow pieces.

Also, it might be good to better describe exactly what you tried.

• 4 weeks later...

Quote from Eloraam's EAQ's:

“Make cover plates work on X other mod”.

It’s impossible. It’s not a matter of adding cover plates to another block type, but making a block type work inside cover plates. Covers require a huge amount of code, including a lot of custom rendering, and any blocks that use them have to be written, from the ground up, to make use of them. Anything using them would require RedPower Core to function, even if it was possible. So just use the RedPower equivalents.

Cables from IC2 can however be covered by Construction Foam which hardens into CFWall which si them paintable. I love CF.

Its working ok when the cables are touching a block, then you can spray the foam "onto" the block behind it.

But is there an easy way to cover "floating" cables (So not touching a block) with CF or do i have to spray that stuff everywhere and hope it covers it?

Its working ok when the cables are touching a block, then you can spray the foam "onto" the block behind it.

But is there an easy way to cover "floating" cables (So not touching a block) with CF or do i have to spray that stuff everywhere and hope it covers it?

Use scaffolding to better control were your construction foam goes. The scaffolds will pop off after being replaced by foam. And yes, you need to place the cable first and then spray it with foam.

Well scaffolding is useful for making walls but I would say just place a block next to the cable and use individual CF blocks to cover it. Just place it on the block so it covers the cable.

C = Cable B = Block Y = You

Y CB so you're looking at two blocks with the cable first.