Rubber trees?

Crom

Question

7 answers to this question

I have no idea why everyone describing the rubber trees always mentions leaf or bark texture. I've found both to be nearly useless in terms of helping me search.

Rubber Trees are the ones with transparent leaf blocks. Look for that, and it's obvious.

Yes, they're very rare. I rather wish the rarity between them and the Redpower rubber trees was switched.

No I know what a rubber tree looks like trust me. I used to make farms of them. I had to just spawn some saplings because there are none in my instance.

Also matmos does not work.. always says its waiting for one thing to load to press f7 - if I press f7 2 times it locks hard.

Right so... about the leaf thing. If you set your graphics to fast, instead of fancy. Leaf blocks will become opaque. The IC2 rubber trees will still be transparent. I have had no problem finding them 'so far'.

I suggest a few options.

Start a new world with a different seed. This is easiest but not a good choice if you have stuff in your world you need to keep.

Next option is keep searching farther out. Swamp biome is the best place to find em. This option is tedious and slow, and relies on chance. Also searching sucks balls without any fast travel methods.

Next option. use a cheating method to get them. this one is probably the best option and most variable methods. possible ways: activate cheat mode in NEI and give yourself 4 or 5 rubber tree saplings to start a small farm. then switch back fast for three days as atonement for cheating. other option is to use MCedit to spawn in some rubber tree logs/leaves or the saplings.

um... other than that.. ya... good luck