2nd Modpack Attempt

Gunner Bones

Hello all,

Firstly I want to say thanks to plowmanplow for help with my first modpack, now I have the confidence to make another! :D I'm making a big modpack for my server that my community can pay on, mainly following machinery mods and some other fun mods. One mod I like that I'm adding is Mekanism, and it's giving me a hard time.

I am trying all the mods I want to use on the regular Minecraft launcher with forge to gain the config files for my server, and to make sure they work well together. The mods I am using are: All-U-Want, Starminer, Buildcraft, Carpenter's Blocks, Clay Soldiers, CodeChicken, CoFHCore, CustomNPCS, Galacticraft, iChunUtil, Magical Crops, Mekanism, MineFactory Reloaded, Modular Powersuits, Morph, Nether Ores, Orespawn, Project Red, Thaumcraft, Thermal Expansion, Lucky Blocks, WAILA, NEI, Baubles, ForgeMultipart, and MrTJPCore.

When I did my first run on regular Minecraft with forge, a screen appeared after loading the config files saying something about needing "CodeChicken lib", (I already have CodeChickenCore), then it crashed with a crash output. The second time it just crashed, nothing about lib, with the same crash message. At the top it said an error occurred in the mine craft directory, followed by "java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: mekanism/common/asm/LoadingHook : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0", meaning it has something to do with Mekanism. I made sure all the .jars are for my version (1.7.10) and I had the correct coremods. Does anyone know how to solve this? Or do I just not need config files and can I just put the mods in my modpack?

Thanks, Gunner

PS Attached is a sample of the crash report on the launcher

Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 1.44.01 PM.png

• Moderators

this belonged in Pagoda, not Cafe Lame

when the log shows "Unsupported version" then it means you got wrong MC versions of mods. In this case, Mekanism

Check the mods and what versions they are

I made sure they're all the right version. Most people have responded to this scenario by updating Java, so now I'm on Java 8 but same problem.

I removed only Mekanism just to see if this works successfully, and it said I needed to download another mod for one of my mods, SAPManPack. Minecraft crashes again, with the same error: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: de/sanandrew/core/manpack/init/ManPackLoadingPlugin : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

Why does the client do dis to me???

Gunner

UPDATES: I'm removing some of the mods that are causing problems just to see if the rest work.

However, when I removed Mekanism, SAPManPack, and Clay Soldiers, Minecraft actually crashed with the report. It said: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cpw/mods/fml/common/ITickHandler, so I don't know what mod caused that :(

Yes, I have the server file. However, I cannot upload it because all the file storing/sharing sties say this file is too big, and it's been taking hours to just upload it. I still haven't gotten it uploaded

I'm a bit new with this modding stuff, correct me if I'm wrong, but an API lets you get a copy of my server file. I can't upload it to technic with that big of a file, since copy.com keeps failing to do so, do you just want a blank file and you can fill the rest?

Why do you seem so reluctant to provide what I am asking for? If you would provide your API URL or a link to your pack details page, I could help you. Until that happens I believe we are done.

Sorry if I did not specify what I meant to say on my last message: I do not know what an API link is

• Discord Moderator

Ahh. So, what you are saying is that you don't really have a modpack and you aren't using the Technic Launcher. This is not good.

If you plan on making a modpack for use in the Technic Launcher, don't create it using the Vanilla Launcher. Use something like my BareBonesPack: http://forums.technicpack.net/topic/62318-minecraft-keeps-crashing/?do=findComment&comment=506458

If you want help with a pack, we need to be able to download it. If you haven't gotten to the point of making an actual new modpack in the platform then you will need to zip up what you have, upload it to a file sharing service (dropbox, copy.com, etc.) and provide that link here. This assumes you are using something like my BareBonesPack to assemble your modpack. If you are using the Vanilla Launcher you are going to have a bad time of things.

Sigh, im sending the wrong message.

I just don't know what an API is, and how that's different then uploading it to a file saver website like copy.com. I already have technic launcher, and vanilla mine craft with forge. I know how to use that too, or else I would've not been able to make my first pack. All I need to know is what an API is and how it is different. I already said that I cannot upload my modpack file to copy.com because it is too big.

Ok, I tried to figure this out on my own, and I got it successfully to the technic launcher. New mod list (some had to be left out due to crashes) includes: All-U-Want, StarMiner, Buildcraft, Carpender's Blocks, CoFH Core, CustomNPCS, Galacticraft, GilbysVC, iChunUtil, Magical Crops, MineFactory Reloaded, Morph, NEI, Orespawn, Project Red, Thaumcaft, Thermal Expansion, and WAILA. 

Somehow I managed to upload the modpack: https://copy.com/AKjsm3mJGCXRaQzp/GunnersMechmagicalModpack.zip?download=1 (Direct Download)

Modpack: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/gunner-mechmagical-modpack.658517

However, when I first installed it on Technic Launcher it loaded to 2% then started over, then did that twice more, then said error downloading.

• Discord Moderator
  • I was able to add your pack to my launcher and start it. Make sure you are incrementing/changing the version number in your pack settings every time you alter the download archive in any way. That is the only way the Launcher knows that an update is available.
  • Your modpack archive contents are in a subfolder. This won't work (and is why it starts as Vanilla). The top level folders (bin, config, mods) must be at the top level of the folder structure inside the modpack archive.
  • CodeChickenCore goes in the /mods/ folder, not /mods/1.7.10/.
  • Your selected version of Forge (the /bin/modpack.jar)  does not match the versions of some of your mods, and some of your mods don't go with each other. Starting with Forge #1355 there was a fundamental change to the way Fluids are handled (an API change which I will explain later). You have Forge #1291 but have mods which were designed to use the updated Fluid API (post #1355). However, some of your mods are ancient (like ProjectRed) and require an earlier version of Forge. You need to update to a current version of Forge and update all your mods to match that version of Forge.

Mods which must be updated (quick glance, might not be exhaustive):

• Carpenter's Blocks
  • CodeChickenCore
  • ForgeMultipart
  • iChunUtil
  • NEI
  • ProjectRed
  • Waila

What is an API:

An API is an Application Programming Interface. In layman's terms, it is a set of instructions/calls which you expose or provide to others to provide some functionality. In the case of the Forge Fluid API, it provides things like a call to return a unit of a particular fluid, or to generate a particular type of fluid in the world (among many other things). This makes it much easier for other mod makers to simply access that functionality instead of every mod having to reinvent the wheel.

In the context of an "API URL", the Technic Platform implements an API internally which provides specific data to clients when called in a specific way. For instance, this is the API URL for your modpack:

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/gunner-mechmagical-modpack

If you were to paste that URL into the Launcher search box it will go directly to that modpack. It is referred to as an API URL because:

1. It is a call to Technic's Platform API which (when properly formed) returns data specific to the pack in question.
  2. It begins with "api" (how clever).

On a separate note, I have multiple files many times the size of your modpack on both copy.com and Dropbox. You shouldn't be having issues and they surely aren't related to the size of the file unless your connection is not stable enough to provide that file in a time-frame that the hosting provider will allow (i.e. it might be timing out because your upload speed is too slow).

Edited by plowmanplow

Ok, I have gotten the latest version of all the mods and forge, and moved code chicken. When you mean the top folders are bin, config, and mods, do you mean create a zip of only those 3 folders, not the folder with those 3 folders? Ill try that and record results

I have done all of that and uploaded the new version, and got it to technic. Technic now loads the modpack.zip, however when it gets to 11% on installing mods it stops/crashes and brings me back to my modpacks. 

https://copy.com/gQpgMOGkiLIbcXnH < New download link (Not direct)

Update: Now it loads mods 37% before crashing

Edited by Gunner Bones

• Discord Moderator
  • You have mistakenly extracted the Orespawn mod into your /mods/ folder. This is "bad". Remove the /mods/orespawn-1/ folder and re-download the mod but leave it as the mod archive file (JAR or ZIP, doesn't matter but follow the author's instructions).
  • You have added the Forge/MC for 1.8 version of CodeChickenCore. Download the latest 1.7.10 version from the mod author's website.
  • You have downloaded Not Enough Items from an illegitimate source. Download the latest 1.7.10 version from the mod author's website.
  • You have included two different versions of Waila in your /mods/ folder. Remove the older version.

A bit more attention to detail and following the mod authors instructions would likely be helpful.

I did all of the requested things, and Minecraft downloaded the modpack successfully. However, after a minute in the loading screen, Minecraft stopped saying I need iChunUtil minimum version 4.0.0. This is a phenomenon, this happens to keep occurring to me. When I wanted to try the Doors mod on my modded client, Minecraft crashed saying I need iChunUtil, when I indeed had the mod version 5.0.0. In this case, I have version 5.3.0, and it says I need at least version 4.0.0. I made sure it was in there. Why does this keep happening?

On the bright side, we're almost done!

Attached is the crash message when loading Minecraft.

Screen Shot 2015-05-21 at 8.35.46 PM.png