Deployer not working with buckets

Ieldra

Question

Redpower's deployer does not appear to work with buckets. Every other deployable item appears to work. I've had that problem with SSP and thought it was fixed? Unfortunately in Tekkit I cannot just overwrite RP Machines to fix it.

Can anyone help me with a fix?

15 answers to this question

Put a Deployer next to a tank full of water. Turn it into the right direction. Put an empty bucket in and activate a redstone signal.

The bucket should fill with water, but doesn't. It remains empty. The same setup works in my SSP world (after I overwrote the RP machines file that first came with Technic 6 - no idea if it's fixed now).

i had this problem a while ago but it works for me now in tekkit the way i solved it in technic is i re downloaded the redpower machines zip and replaced the one i currently have although im not sure how it will affect the server so use it at your own risk. but it does work for me on my server. try moving it and try again also are you applying a redstone signal just checking.

Well it works fine for me.... So I guess you changed something somewhere? Making it no longer work. Try reinstalling I guess.

The hosting service we use has Tekkit 2.0 in its list of installable mods - and it's the current version, not the old buggy one. I can install it with a click and haven't changed anything. I've also checked the RP file size (of the zip in the mod folder) against the version in the Tekkit download. They're identical.

This is seriously weird.

This is going to sound like an odd fix, but it got my deployer-with-buckets system up and running.

In the server console, type "op [Redpower]". I guess [Redpower] is considered a player, and by opping it, it allows it to pick up water in buckets or something. I don't know, but it got the job done. Hope that helps!

This is going to sound like an odd fix, but it got my deployer-with-buckets system up and running.

In the server console, type "op [Redpower]". I guess [Redpower] is considered a player, and by opping it, it allows it to pick up water in buckets or something. I don't know, but it got the job done. Hope that helps!

Thanks!! I had this problem before and got it fixed somehow, but it reappeared and didn't work until I opped [Redpower], now things are back online again :)