General help with tekkit classic required

I've been messing with machinery in tekkit classic in an attempt to automate everything from ore collection to refining to construction. My question is this... Is there anything more efficient than wooden transport pipes for extracting? If I have to baby-sit the redstone engines (to prevent overheating) it negates the purpose of automation. Any suggestions? Don't mention Advanced wooden transport pipes either, same issue.

Yes.

You just use itemducts with servos. I believe they're faster than wooden transport pipes, and they don't need an engine. But I don't recall Tekkit even having Buildcraft in it at the moment. It just has Thermal Expansion.

Could be mistaken, of course.

I've looked into Item ducts and servos but neither are part of tekkit classic (I believe they are part of FTB). Are there alternatives for Tekkit classic? (I did state this in the original post). In response to ValconX11, Redstone engines and wooden transport pipes are slow as shit and for the volume of ores I'll be processing are not up for the task.

Tekkit Classic?
Then why not post on the Tekkit Classic board? Itemducts and servos ARE part of Tekkit (as in not-Tekkit Lite or - Classic), which is why I suggested them.

Sheesh.

It's been ages since I played Classic, so I can't help you further, I'm afraid.

Edited by Melfice

Why not just use pneumatic pipes?

Just make a couple of those and some filters and a timer. No machinery needed, no risk of explosion, and can pull out at most a stack of items every 0.2 seconds (if need be).

EDIT: Just noticed the guy above me suggested pneumatic pipes, oh well.

Edited by oopsidoodles
I was blind