Is there a "tutorial" for the Technic Pack?

algebraicAT333

Many people love direwolf20 videos for learning more about Technic. Duncan's videos are also pretty good, he's a pretty good teacher (At the very least, far better than the Yogscast duo :D).

Hmmm...

I checked both of them out.

direwolf's videos started a long time ago, so they don't have all of the current mods.

Duncan's videos don't start off from scratch.

I was thinking more along the lines of a non-video tutorial, like a written guide with pictures and item recipes.

If you search "Technic pack tutorial", I want more like the first option when you search it.

Got anything like that?

I see what you man, talking about something like that : http://www.gshuster.com/technicguide/

However, I don't really see what you mean about duncan's videos, I mean, he starts from punching wood and being naked, no? You know, he only starts actually playing at the episode four, you should skip the first three.

Oh, really? Sorry, I only looked at the first video of his, I'll check it out. Thanks much!

Wow, I'm a bit of a noob too and I have actually watched the first three of Duncan's videos, and I'm like: "What? I thought it was more of a tutorial not just playing like a normal minecrafter!" But then I started poking around on the forums and found your wonderful comment. Thanks :D

Hmmm...

I checked both of them out.

direwolf's videos started a long time ago, so they don't have all of the current mods.

Duncan's videos don't start off from scratch.

I was thinking more along the lines of a non-video tutorial, like a written guide with pictures and item recipes.

If you search "Technic pack tutorial", I want more like the first option when you search it.

Got anything like that?

So what you're saying is, you do not want YouTube help, you want wiki help, correct? Check the encyclopedia part of the forum. There is also (I believe) a wiki for every mod in the pack. Most have pictures. Or, watch direwolf and read the wiki :) his posts may be a bit dated, but they're wonderfully helpful!

The wiki's getting started is really good.

In all fairness, once you have a vanilla base built and then get a generator, macerator, e-furnace, extractor, compressor.... you're good to go on to whatever mod direction technic offers. The magic route is almost entirely different than the industrial path which differs from the redpower/rail/computer path.

The wiki's getting started is really good.

In all fairness, once you have a vanilla base built and then get a generator, macerator, e-furnace, extractor, compressor.... you're good to go on to whatever mod direction technic offers. The magic route is almost entirely different than the industrial path which differs from the redpower/rail/computer path.

Once you've mastered the different mods individually, start looking at ways to combine them for fun and profit!

Make an infinite energy generator that turns sunlight into uranium to power quarries!

I'm not sure if it's still there, but someone had created a tutorial world for technic/tekkit which I found to be very helpful. Unfortunately I never bookmarked it. I'll see if I can find it again...

Was moved to the regular minecraft forums: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1262610-mod-pack-tutorial-maps-technic-6-and-7-direwolf20-and-rpg-pack-tutorial-maps/