Multi-player question

Sh4dowBullseye

Now this may or may not be in the right location however at this point I can not seem to find a right location for this to go into.

What is going on is I have gone through the port forwarding and done all the setup Procedures in relation to setting on a minecraft server to play with me and my brother. When starting up the multiplayer it gives me this following messagemessage.png

Now I was under the impression that most of these mods were enabled when Technic pack loaded up, however it would appear that I am wrong. Is there a way to either enable or get these mods so that me and my brother may play together.

Note: I did search the forums before posting and I didn't find anything that related to what I am trying to accomplish.

I believe the problem lies in the fact the 90% of the mods that are in the pack have no .info file and so for that reason it will not allow the play

Well considering I haven't seen anything that suggests the contrary in your posts, have you made sure you have selected the Tekkit pack from the drop down menu and not the Technic pack? If you set up a Tekkit server and are trying to join using the Technic pack mods I'd imagine that would be an issue.

Damn it bwillb, beat me by a matter of seconds.

Well considering I haven't seen anything that suggests the contrary in your posts, have you made sure you have selected the Tekkit pack from the drop down menu and not the Technic pack? If you set up a Tekkit server and are trying to join using the Technic pack mods I'd imagine that would be an issue.

Would there happen to be a Technic mp server program? or would I have to use Hamachi for such game play?

Would there happen to be a Technic mp server program? or would I have to use Hamachi for such game play?

Some of the mods in Technic do not have multiplayer support available, so no. But if you've already configured the server and have it ready to go, just download Tekkit through the launcher and join the server while running that.

Some of the mods in Technic do not have multiplayer support available, so no. But if you've already configured the server and have it ready to go, just download Tekkit through the launcher and join the server while running that.
done so now I am looking for some kind of fix for Forge #136+ (4096 fix) would you be able to point me in the right direction?

done so now I am looking for some kind of fix for Forge #136+ (4096 fix) would you be able to point me in the right direction?

C'mon man, from what I've read tonight you're already on thin ice with the mods, and stuff like this really isn't helping your case. Perhaps the solution to this error might be found in the Tekkit Bug Board? It might even be so common as to have a sticky. I won't point you to it directly, I believe in your ability to find it yourself.

C'mon man, from what I've read tonight you're already on thin ice with the mods, and stuff like this really isn't helping your case. Perhaps the solution to this error might be found in the Tekkit Bug Board? It might even be so common as to have a sticky. I won't point you to it directly, I believe in your ability to find it yourself.

There is such thing as consideration for fellow man, oh wait not anymore everyone has to have a dick in there ass perhaps stop to consider that I may have already looked for a solution as stated above... at this point these threads seem to be built around people who care more about self indulgence rather then helping each other and being friendly while doing so. Perhaps consider that not just adults play minecraft as it is rated E I highly doubt I will be coming to these forums anymore because mod's and people alike are just pricks and not really in tune with the real world. You know if you step outside once every now and then there is something called blue sky and other people that could potentially care about your well being. Just an FYI I wouldn't have asked if I didn't already surf through the hundred or so pages

I'm reaching a point where I actually start to see the point of eugenics. :(

I'd better go out and enjoy myself in stead of reading these 12-year old dumbasses's ill formatted help requests.

wow I love how you talk down about children, you most certainly should avoid having kids of your own. Grow up dude. There is something called manners and trust me they are not a commodity they are taught to you from knee high to a piss ant and if people used them more then there wouldn't be so many jackasses online but most people seem to think that just because they are online that manners no longer apply which is undeniably wrong in fact manners apply more so on line then anywhere else you go because of the fact that you can not see the other person. Just because you think your tough online and you think you know the facts about something doesn't mean you really do.

Seriously dude take a chill pill and stop offending people trying to help you.

You behave like a dumbass so this is what you get. Cursing is probably the worst way out of that sticky situation, so cut it out now.

actually the only help i got all night was from youtube the rest of the time was spent here talking with ill mannered children

Aww, I thought I was being rather supportive :(

Don't take this the wrong way Gennah you did help a little but then you lost your manners and xtrasyn came in and made a fool out of himself as well. I asked a simple question that is all I like to know my facts and I am sorry but I have little patients for Help threads that more often then not get ignored or reported because they are a Duplicate or because they happen to be worded wrong or something. Or that person gets banned or in trouble for something stupid when in reality all it is, is abuse of power

it really is not personal Gennah so don't get your feel bads in a bunch, I am just annoyed with the lack of consideration for others on this site not you per-say because you have been nice to me to some degree.

I don't think you quite understand how these forums work. The users here tend to be very considerate, just look at the size of the Help Boards. What is lacking is tolerance of people who can't be bothered to research their problems before they ask. Your first issue in this thread was a valid concern, and it was addressed accordingly with helpful advice. When you then asked about an issue that you could have resolved by just looking at an obvious sticky, that's when people tend to lose the will to help you.

I don't think you quite understand how these forums work. The users here tend to be very considerate, just look at the size of the Help Boards. What is lacking is tolerance of people who can't be bothered to research their problems before they ask. Your first issue in this thread was a valid concern, and it was addressed accordingly with helpful advice. When you then asked about an issue that you could have resolved by just looking at an obvious sticky, that's when people tend to lose the will to help you.

well you know it's like this if the forum is already open and out there why not just keep the peace rather then turn around and start mad dogging people. i am just saying.

it really is not personal Gennah so don't get your feel bads in a bunch, I am just annoyed with the lack of consideration for others on this site not you per-say because you have been nice to me to some degree.

If you want consideration, you have to be considerate. Filling up the board with off-topic already answered questions is not being considerate.

well you know it's like this if the forum is already open and out there why not just keep the peace rather then turn around and start mad dogging people. i am just saying.

It's precisely because this forum is "open and out there" that lazy behavior can't be tolerated. Imagine if every new user had your exact problem. If none of them bothered to check previous posts for the solution, the boards would contain nothing but posts asking the same questions over and over again. They'd get ignored more than the dialog box reminding people to buy a WinRar license.

If you want consideration, you have to be considerate. Filling up the board with off-topic already answered questions is not being considerate.

Okay well I already checked the build and I do not have the right build I read the forums and the build I need is 3.1.1 now I have the right server but I must be missing something because Tekkit in the launcher just flat out refuses to update, so bwillb yes my original question got answered, however I have still been unable to find a link to download the correct build because in my Techniclauncher it refuses to update so please indulge me as to where i can locate the manual patch file for Tekkit because I have spent all night on this matter and I am starting to get really bugged...

AND FYI I do have 3.1.1 for the server I have 3.0.3/1.2.5 for the launcher and I have looked all night as stated above for the manual patch

It's precisely because this forum is "open and out there" that lazy behavior can't be tolerated. Imagine if every new user had your exact problem. If none of them bothered to check previous posts for the solution, the boards would contain nothing but posts asking the same questions over and over again. They'd get ignored more than the dialog box reminding people to buy a WinRar license.

Yes but you see i haven't been lazy I have looked all night for a solution and everytime I get close to trying to explain whats going on I get cut off again.

Well, let's see.

1. You posted in the SSP board with a SMP question. You also posted in the discussion section rather than the bug section.

2. When someone actually took pity and answered your question, you asked another question, this time one you could have found the answer to with a minimum of effort on your part. (If you really looked through a hundred threads and didn't find an answer, you should really see a doctor about potential sight issues. The exact answer to your question is one of the stickied threads in the tekkit bug board.)

3. When people called you on this, you decided it would be a good idea to begin insulting them. And yes, the first one you started laying into was Gennah, right after he pretty much pointed you to a thread where you could find an answer.

Basically, you came to our forum, didn't read the rules, asked a question that's been answered a lot before and put it in the wrong forum. You ask that we show you a little consideration? We ask the same. Perhaps if you showed us you were deserving of consideration by acting in the way that you wish to be treated, this thread would have turned out differently. As it is... perhaps it's time you learned a valuable lesson about entitlement, and how you're not actually entitled to much respect based on your actions here so far.