Factions problem any tips?

Nightfury18

Question

Title: Factions problem any tips?

Version: 3.1.1

Java Version: Version 7 Update 5

Description of Problem:

Hello dear forum, I would rather like factions on my server i know its possible ( seen other server) but im running in some problems. When adding factions to my plugins folder and then restarting it generates an error file called conf.json_bad and the console gets weird error log

31.07 07:26:45 [server] INFO [Factions v1.6.8] Reset faction data (invalid faction) for player Nightfury18

Anyone having any tips for getting factions to work? Much appreciated, :)

* If you get semiliar problem i recommend installing Vault, and factions 1.7.5, Save this post for any future problems

Error Messages:

WARNING] [Factions v1.6.8] Non existing factionId 0 requested! Issuing cleaning!

15:36:14 Factions: v1.6.8] Reset faction data (invalid faction) for player (player name here)

15:36:16 CONSOLE: [WARNING] [Factions v1.6.7] Non existing factionId 0 requested! Issuing cleaning!

15:36:16 Factions: v1.6.8] Reset faction data (invalid faction) for player (player name here)

Error Log:

[size=12px][font=Arial][color=#333333][WARNING] [Factions v1.6.8] Non existing factionId 0 requested! Issuing cleaning![/color][/font][/size]

[size=12px][font=Arial][color=#333333]15:36:14 Factions: v1.6.8] Reset faction data (invalid faction) for player (player name here)[/color][/font][/size]

[size=12px][font=Arial][color=#333333]15:36:16 CONSOLE: [WARNING] [Factions v1.6.7] Non existing factionId 0 requested! Issuing cleaning![/color][/font][/size]

[size=12px][font=Arial][color=#333333]15:36:16 Factions: v1.6.8] Reset faction data (invalid faction) for player [/color][/font][/size][size=12px][font=Arial][color=#333333](player name here)[/color][/font][/size]

4 answers to this question

I never had this error but i think factions tries to put you in a faction wich dont exists.

Try to delete all files in the plugins/factions exept the conf.json that should fix it. BUT it also deletes all factions.

EDIT: And i dont think that this is a "Tekkit Error"

EDIT2: If this destroys anything of your server its not my fault, i just gave a possible solution

EDIT3: I could have fixed this, but you thought you dont need me so you deleted factions, saied that i did it and banned me, if you had not done this you would have a fixed factions.

pretty sure its a tekkit error, an dim pretty sure it have something to do with this

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/tekkit-and-factions-error.6461/

or this http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/factions-and-tekkit-errors.84014/

* that was after much googling and searching around, im not sure why you admins had to change my avatar to stupid, im pretty sure everyone would have made that mistake, :l

Use the most recent dev build 7.4/7.5 that worked for me

Ive been using it on my server for over 3 weeks and it hasnt broken should be stable

thanks for the tip, :)

*Edit works fine if you also installs Vault, Thanks for the help jeffdonatic, You are better then most ppl around here.