Dynmap on Tekkit

mikeprimm

I can't get this to work with the recommended build of Tekkit ever since 1.2 came out with the height change.

I haven't tested this on the development builds of Tekkit that are 1.2.x based (I assume they exist - just haven't looked for them). The plugin DOES support 1.2.x Bukkit and is being used by folks running modded 1.2.x Bukkits, though (see the GodCraft industrial server for an example).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike I gotta say that I love you mod. One of the greatest mods I have used.it was great when I had towns on my server and now it's even greater not that you can see most Tekkit stuff with it. Your awesome keep up the great work.

I'm using v0.39 on a 3.0.4 server without any issues. The only tiles I can't see are for my railcraft v5.2.4 related blocks. But I can at least see the shadow and the torches that line the reinforced concrete railway. I'm thinking that if I just take the numbers from the tile conversion program, and match those up with the numbers in the old config, I should be able to get them back in alignment.

• 2 weeks later...

@EricFate: OK - latest 0.40 development build includes update to support for the Railcraft 'cube' blocks. I've updated the settings in the OP, but the main thing is, besides installing the update, to add the following setting to configuration.txt:

railcraft-cubeBlock: 214

Cool. That will save me from having to go with 'plan B', which would have involved going around and coating the bottom of the rail structure with stone slabs.

The concrete looks boring, but it cuts down on the repair time when the occasional iron golem wanders into the high speed area and causes a train wreck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up for folks that might be interested in trying the latest development build (0.50), which I'm hoping to release by the end of the weekend:

1) IronChest mod is now supported

2) BIG changes in the block rendering - I've written a new renderer for non-cubic blocks that is much closer to the model used by the MC client, so things like torches, plants, crops, rails, ladders, and other non-cubic block models are rendered to be almost identical to how the MC client works. The higher the resolution, the more this shows.

3) Shifted around the directory layout for the texture pack files for the custom mods, to match with how they are done in normal texture packs supporting those mods (e.g. ones including customization for RedPower2). Net result is that switching dynmap to use texture packs that support the custom mods will do a better job of using the customized textures, versus the standard ones.

Hi i'm new to the forums, but dynmap doesnt seem to be rendering railcrafts metal post structure block id i have is 7266:16

You can see in the game it looks like a fence but in dynmap renders as a black block with yellow logo.

I prefer to use railcraft posts over iron fences as iron doesnt seem to go to gates very well.

Any help or if it will be in next version would be cool.

(removed)

fairlightstekkit.png

OK - just released v0.50: lots of good Tekkit stuff:

Version 0.50

• New patch renderer - allows block models that better match native client, better use of texture packs
  • Converted many existing block models to new patch renderer, including plants, saplings, torches, levers, rails, cactus, vines, ladders, iron fences, redstone wire, doors, breing stands, fire and others
  • Add support for IC2 Nuclear Control block rendering
  • Add support for Ender Storage block rendering
  • Add support for IronChest block rendering
  • Add support for TubeCraft block rendering
  • Fix typo in tiles.php - can affect visibility of protected night/day maps
  • Add skin-url setting - allows custom source URL for player skins
  • Prevent panning and world switching when clicking on hidden players in map menu
  • Fix chat color stripping - also remove bold and other control sequences
  • Refactor directory structure in standard texture pack for mods to match that used in stock texture packs - easier
    to use mod-supporting texture packs
  • Sort player list on map view alphabetically (thanks to Pneumatus!)
  • Handle exceptions from Bukkit on chunk loads of broken chunks - keep from being killed by them
  • Add 'blockredstone' trigger (disabled by default - use with care!)

The recommended settings in the OP have been updated for 3.0.4 and 3.1.1, to reflect the new supported mods.

Hi i'm new to the forums, but dynmap doesnt seem to be rendering railcrafts metal post structure block id i have is 7266:16

You can see in the game it looks like a fence but in dynmap renders as a black block with yellow logo.

I prefer to use railcraft posts over iron fences as iron doesnt seem to go to gates very well.

Any help or if it will be in next version would be cool.

Thanks,

Fair

fairlightstekkit.png

The structure block ID can't be that high (possibly the item ID?) - block IDs are limited to 1-4095. The structure block ID in default Tekkit 3.x is 209 - if you've adjusted this, you'll need to change the 'railcraft-structureBlock: 209' line in configuration.txt accordingly. At present (0.50), the metal post support is a bit light, because things like the coloring are stored in entity data (which bukkit doesn't currently give a proper way to access), so everything will look red (unpainted) - and I don't do the connected-ness rendering yet (that is, the fence post like connection detection).

(I didnt see the error/warning was just being nice saying regards no need to be harsh)

i have tested with the latest build new map i get the same issue as above.

When i hover over the item in game it says metal post is 7266 and the variations go from 7266:1 to 7266:16.

I cant claim to know tekkit / bukkit that well but many items go over 4095, as i have just tested the command "give fairlights 7266:16 10" this seems to be the block id?

Can you install tekkit Mike to test? i can replicate this on a fresh build of tekkit server (latest) to another vm server and new world.