Dynmap on Tekkit

mikeprimm

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive got a problem with my servers dynmap... Reinforced stone aint showing and a couple of other blocks. And i really cant figure out how to add that block item list,

Most of all the Tekkit modpack blocks aint showing at all if they are they are treestairs, slabs etc. these blocks are Marble, Reinforcedstone etc. basicly all mod blocks.. alltho everyting in the config it set to true...

My config file looks like this at mod section:

### Mod block support ###

# Enable Industrial Craft 2 block rendering support (core, Advanced Machines, Charging Bench, Power Converters, Compact Solars, Nuclear Control)

#ic2-support: true

#ic2-advancesmachines-support: true

#ic2-chargingbench-support: true

#ic2-powerconverters-support: true

#ic2-compactsolars-support: true

#ic2-nuclearcontrol-support: true

# Enable BuildCraft block rendering support

#buildcraft-support: true

# Enable RedPower2 block rendering support

#redpower2-support: true

# Enable NetherOres block rendering support

#netherores-support: true

# Enable RailCraft block rendering support

#railcraft-support: true

# Enable Kaevator's Superslopes block rendering support

#superslopes-support: true

# Enabled ComputerCraft block rendering support

#computercraft-support: true

# Enabled LC Trees++ block rendering support

#lctrees-support: true

# Enable Forestry block rending support

#forestry-support: true

# Enable IronCheck block rendering support

#ironchest-support: true

# Enable TubeCraft block rendering support

#tubecraft-support: true

# Enable Ender Storage block rendering support

#enderstorage-support: true

I dunno where i go wrong :-/

please help :-D

and btw sorry for being dumb :-/

You need to remove the hash tags "#"

like so

### Mod block support ###

# Enable Industrial Craft 2 block rendering support (core, Advanced Machines, Charging Bench, Power Converters, Compact Solars, Nuclear Control)

ic2-support: true

ic2-advancesmachines-support: true

ic2-chargingbench-support: true

ic2-powerconverters-support: true

ic2-compactsolars-support: true

ic2-nuclearcontrol-support: true

# Enable BuildCraft block rendering support

buildcraft-support: true

# Enable RedPower2 block rendering support

redpower2-support: true

# Enable NetherOres block rendering support

netherores-support: true

# Enable RailCraft block rendering support

railcraft-support: true

# Enable Kaevator's Superslopes block rendering support

superslopes-support: true

# Enabled ComputerCraft block rendering support

computercraft-support: true

# Enabled LC Trees++ block rendering support

lctrees-support: true

# Enable Forestry block rending support

forestry-support: true

# Enable IronCheck block rendering support

ironchest-support: true

# Enable TubeCraft block rendering support

tubecraft-support: true

# Enable Ender Storage block rendering support

enderstorage-support: true

RESOLVED:

Trying to install this on ym Tekkit server. After unpacking it into my folder, then running the server it doesn't seem to start running this addon at all?

Edit: Found this in the log files if it helps:

2012-09-04 15:21:23 [iNFO] Directory dynmap contained no mods

2012-09-04 15:21:23 [FINE] Found a zip or jar file dynmap.jar, attempting to load it

2012-09-04 15:21:23 [iNFO] File dynmap.jar contained no mods

RESOLVED

Plugins folder does not = mods folders :P

hi there i love your work, but the tekkit blocks still do not show :( i have tekkit 3.1.2 and dynmap 0.80 i followed your guild on github and here. still nothing. the basalt and marble blocks do not show. please help Mikeprimm

I've confirmed that 3.1.2 and 0.80 work fine with the settings we provide on those blocks - I run them on my personal server with no problems. You've applied the settings from the wiki (or the OP here), and done a fresh render since doing so?

• 1 month later...

*** Dynmap 0.90 has been released ***

As of 0.90, all the supported mods will be automatically detected and enabled. In addition, all configured block IDs for those mod will be detected and automatically applied.

In addition, there's a pretty cool new "cave view" option - fully textured renders, versus the existing style cave view. To use this, just switch the shader used on the cave view from 'cave' to 'stdtexture-cave'.

Also, I just applied a fix for some conflict between the rendering models for the v1.4.2 blocks and a couple of the default RedPower block IDs (specifically, ores), that can cause an exception during rendering. The fixes are in the development 1.1 builds ( [Adfly] [Direct])

If you are running 1.0, you can optionally copy the following replacement file to your plugins/dynmap/renderdata directory - https://raw.github.com/webbukkit/DynmapCore/master/renderdata/rp2-models.txt

• 1 month later...

Dynmap v1.2 has just been released. For folks that are interested, this release includes support for even more mods (including updates for RedPower2, BuildCraft, IC2, ExtraBiomesXL, RailCraft, and others), while still continuing to support Bukkit versions v1.2.5 and later (including Tekkit v3.1.x).

• 1 month later...

while I love how fast you patch things and continue to support tekkit, I just thought Id point out its still throwing out an error, not sure if its me or not,

http://pastebin.com/8vJLJcnu

Yep - my jenkins server has been having some fits (just migrated to it about a week ago after my last one went MIA - it was owned by someone else). Please give the latest build a go.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

hey mikeprimm is there a better cave view than stdtexture-cave? It seems to block a lot of areas I want to see in my one sky castle map in dynmap... also hires is not really hires even with boostzoom 2... the textures look blocky still even after setting the boostzoom to 2, same with surface view, the only view is the flat view that is showing up hires compared to before. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind I think I got the hires thing fixed... however the cave thing still needs to be better, or at least some way to hide certain blocks... I tried to hide blocks but it did not work. Anyways, I also wanted to know how to fix the rp2 wires and cables and lights to show in dynmap? I know I need the ID but I can not find the ID needed to render in my config files.

Hidden

hey mikeprimm is there a better cave view than stdtexture-cave? It seems to block a lot of areas I want to see in my one sky castle map in dynmap... also hires is not really hires even with boostzoom 2... the textures look blocky still even after setting the boostzoom to 2, same with surface view, the only view is the flat view that is showing up hires compared to before. Any ideas?

Edit: It said there was a error and double posted sorry, I do not know why :/

• 1 month later...

Im Running a FTB server (direwolf20 1.4.7) with dynmap 1.8 (latest recommended release) dynmap DynmapCBBridge-1.8

running on BukkitForge-1.4.7-257 with the dynmap-essentials plugin (0.50) and eddentials 2.10.1 and none of my warps or homes are showing up. what gives?

(ps, i know this is the wrong forum entirely, but since tekkit is the closest thing to FTB and there's no official thread on the FTB forums, i came here instead. may the admins have mercy on my soul...)

Im Running a FTB server (direwolf20 1.4.7) with dynmap 1.8 (latest recommended release) dynmap DynmapCBBridge-1.8

running on BukkitForge-1.4.7-257 with the dynmap-essentials plugin (0.50) and eddentials 2.10.1 and none of my warps or homes are showing up. what gives?

(ps, i know this is the wrong forum entirely, but since tekkit is the closest thing to FTB and there's no official thread on the FTB forums, i came here instead. may the admins have mercy on my soul...)

I don't see a problem with it. But just so you know, Mike hasn't logged into the forums here since March. So this is probably a dead end for your quest.

I don't see a problem with it. But just so you know, Mike hasn't logged into the forums here since March. So this is probably a dead end for your quest.

I thought that might be the case. well... i'm stuck. i've tried everything (even deleting all my configs and starting again) all to no avail. i think it might have something to do with how bukkitforge reports dimensions to plugins because /dynmap fullrender only accepts "Word" as my world name, but essentials shows overworld as the world name for warps.

Edit: Confirmed: its an error with name resolution. i copy and pasted the content of Markers_overworld into Markers_World and it worked.

my guess is that when the dynmap-essentials plugin query's essentials for warps and homes, essentials returns with overworld as the name instead of World, do dynmap makes the marker file for a world called overworld. i'll have a play with it and post back if i get a fix :-)