Uhh...

Pulse95

I found a full grown adult Iguana in my backyard. It fell from my neighbors window onto my property. What do I do? Give me honest suggestions, I want to save it, but the owners are not home and I have no way of contacting them.

Well, I know for a fact that iguanas love lettuce, since I took care of one a while ago. Next, unless they're assholes, I don't think your neighbors would leave their iguana home alone if he couldn't take care of himself. Maybe putting him back in the house would be a solution. Also, where do you live, because if where you live is cold, you should take care not to leave him outside. Also, Iguanas are nice and pacific creatures, so he won't try to hurt (eat) you, no matter how big he is.

It's very hot outside right now, and he seems fine laying on my fence eating random flies and crap that comes in his area. Maybe I should just leave him until they come back.

Well, very hot for you should be just fine for him, they're tropical creatures. Fly's and such are a good diet for an iguana, so yeah, he should fine. Are you living in an urban place? It would be a shame if he was hurt by a car.

Well it is a good thing that he cannot get out. By the way he just ate a bumblebee...

Yes it is. :D

And don't worry about what he eats, as long as it's an insect. Back when I was taking care of a bunch of Iguanas in Thailand, one of them destroyed a wasp nest and started eating them as if nothing was happening, their stings couldn't even get through it's scales. :D

Alright I will not do that. I did feed it a small apple slice and he seemed to like it.

Fruits are good too. Mine loved watermelons.

What I meant by excessive amounts is something mostly made of sugar, IE honey, or granulated sugar, chocolate etc...

These things are the assholes of the wild, He ate a bumblebee and ate the flower the bee was on. This will certainly hurt the bee economy.

At least he hasn't made an energy bee collector. Those things totally destroy any kind of economy.

• Moderators

I found a full grown adult Iguana in my backyard. It fell from my neighbors window onto my property. What do I do? Give me honest suggestions, I want to save it, but the owners are not home and I have no way of contacting them.

Well, I hear iguanas are tasty when barbequed...