Curiosity Landing

warpspeed10

I don't know if he does, but what he does know is that it's the United-Statians who're paying for all this. And I live in Canada, so...

BLOW THE SUCKER!!11!1ONEONE!ONE1 :D

Really Canada me to BLOW IT UP !!!ONE!!!12!111ONE

You two are pretty much breaking the rules with this, you realize that, right?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"No chat or chan speak - LOL THAT'S FAIL! OMG LIEK CAN I HAS MUDKIPS ROFLLLL +1 DIAMOND WIN 4 U LULZ - No."

I realize it's intended ironically, sort of, but it's still annoying to most people, I feel fairly sure.

Sorry, I don't instinctively type like that, but I wanted to follow up on Munaus post. :P

Won't happen again sir!

And I don't see why you would want the best Mars rover ever to be destroyed, it's pretty senseless.

No matter where you live, you'll learn something new, and possibly important from it, and wanting it to blow up is just closed-minded.

Actually, even wanting something blown up just because it belongs to a country that you think doesn't affect you with their downfalls is pretty ignorant :P

Just sayin

And I don't see why you would want the best Mars rover ever to be destroyed, it's pretty senseless.

No matter where you live, you'll learn something new, and possibly important from it, and wanting it to blow up is just closed-minded.

Actually, even wanting something blown up just because it belongs to a country that you think doesn't affect you with their downfalls is pretty ignorant :P

Just sayin

Bro that was...it, it was deep

Just sayin

I'm pretty sure we were all saying this as a joke, I obviously wouldn't want such a marvel of technology to be damaged... Right guys? R-Right?

I realize I went to far, it was clearly a joke, that sort of thing just kind of catches my nerve, sorry.

Also:

You do realize that somehow, technological advantages used in space missions, primarily by the US, can have global implications?

Why "primarily by the US"...? >_>

A little patriotic are we now?

2.5 Billions, actually. But that's still quite a bit of pocket money.

2.5 billion dollars... 2 and a half billion dollars... As opposed to the approximately 71 billion lost to the US each year due to religious tax exemptions.

With that kind of money we could send a rover to Mars every two weeks. FOREVER.

The only reason I said "by the US" is due to me not finding that meny technological innovations produced by other nations space projects.

Most, if not all of the space projects are made by the NASA in cooperation with other nations. You know, the International Space Station, also known as the largest human made object placed in orbit around the Earth? Notice the "International", you know, at the beginning? Yeah, pretty much.

It's only an example among many others.

You know the famous shuttle the NASA is was so proud of until it was retired? The robotic arm that was used in all it's operations was built in Canada.

The Hubble Telescope, also known as the Telescope with the largest observation range in human history was built and sent by the cooperation of the Nasa AND the European Space Agency.

I doubt you can name even one space mission that was entirely thanks to the nasa.

Most, if not all of the space projects are made by the NASA in cooperation with other nations. You know, the International Space Station, also known as the largest human made object placed in orbit around the Earth? Notice the "International", you know, at the beginning? Yeah, pretty much.

It's only an example among many others.

You know the famous shuttle the NASA is was so proud of until it was retired? The robotic arm that was used in all it's operations was built in Canada.

The Hubble Telescope, also known as the Telescope with the largest observation range in human history was built and sent by the cooperation of the Nasa AND the European Space Agency.

I doubt you can name even one space mission that was entirely thanks to the nasa.

Apollo 18 Nuff said.

2.5 billion dollars... 2 and a half billion dollars... As opposed to the approximately 71 billion lost to the US each year due to religious tax exemptions.

With that kind of money we could send a rover to Mars every two weeks. FOREVER.

Oh God, don't start me on this. If the US wasn't in was with Iraq, they'd have a TRILLION more dollars...

Now, we're talking about a rover every hour, this is pitiful how much cash is wasted for inexistent reasons.

Apollo 18 Nuff said.

LOL,

For those who didn't get it, Apollo 18 is one of the missions from the program Apollo that were cancelled.

For fear of this devolving into a political debate, I'd like to say that regardless of who sent it up. It is amazing that we put a probe the size of a car on the next planet over, using a rocket parachute and sky crane, carrying all manner of advanced equipment, powered by nuclear radiation. It's like something out of science-fiction!

ya this is cool and all but russia is workin on permanent bases on the moon. I'd say thats a bit cooler

Uh.

Everyone obviously has plans for Moon colonization, Russia, just like ESA, Japan, the Nasa etc etc.

Let's respect ioun267 will by avoiding a political debate.

YI mean no rerespet to russians in this post by the way its a joke I honestly always wanted to be russian.

Am I honestly the only one who saw that?

Back on topic, I didn't meen to throw this into a political debate, I mearly ment that a wide verity of things invented in the space race are used in US daily life, however this isnt to say that other nations space races havent impacted life to. My apologies, as my response was poorly worded, and may have conveyed the wrong message.