Will Tekkit work with lan in the future?

guy1342

It does work through lan though. Just use the "ipconfig" command to find your 'IPv4' address.

Not quite true. By default Minecraft servers (and Tekkit servers) operate in "online mode", which authenticates players' user accounts (username, password) against the records at minecraft.net. This prevents players from impersonating other players, i.e. it prevents them from logging in as YourServerOperator and abusing operator powers.

This account authentication requires an internet connection between the Tekkit server and minecraft.net.

In a pure LAN environment (no connection to the general internet) you'll need to disable online mode. It's in the server.properties config file in your Tekkit installation.

TL;DR: Tekkit already works on LANs with no internet access, you just need to disable online mode.

Do you have any proof of this?

Saying that next time would help.

If you asked me, several months would be an exaggeration, but we do have some weeks of waiting ahead of us.

Let me explain; First, we need to have all the mods updated to 1.3. Updating all the mods usually takes the modders a lot of time, but this time, it will be even worse, due to the SSP/SMP merge that completely fucks with all the SSP mods. Then, all the mods have to get their updated version ported to Forge, and not all the modders do this themselves. Finally, depending on how exactly the merge works, most or all the mods might need to be ported to Buckit as well, which is a tremendous pain in the arse.

Add to all this crap the time it'll take for the Technic team itself to get the mod pack to work nicely and...

You got a fuckton of time.

Questions? :D

Do you have any proof of this?

Saying that next time would help.

It will be ready when it's ready™.

Not a moment before, not a moment after.

Edit: After @Xylord's post, I wrote this: http://questions.technicpack.net/1544/when-will-technic-tekkit-update-for-the-new-version-minecraft?show=1545#a1545 . Feel free to point any future "When will Technic update?" questions to this canned answer.