Watch of Flowing Time. Need help.

Bewood

It wrecked my servers tickrate pretty much, and nobody can locate the pedestal.

I've tried using world edit but the scale I need to work with will just crash the server.

Has anyone had this issue? How can I locate the pedestal easier, or who has the watch?

I've tried everything I know, any help would be nice.

Although I have no experience, I have been reading around to see how easy it would be, what I would need to run a server. One thing I have found is that loads of servers ban items using a plugin or manual config, I don't know how to do this, or if it will remove the item placed once banned, but it might. If someone knows it would be a help as this is something I would like to avoid as well.

Just banning items won't fix items already placed. While what you did fixed the problem, it's a bit severe ;)

I know there are plugins that remove all spawners and chests throughout the world going through each chunk. It be great if someone (maybe I will when I get the chance) would look into modifying one to allow the item ID it looks for to be customizeable through a command, but you'd definetly not want anyone to have access to the commands or there could be massive chaos.

Also, not entirely sure if it would work, but if you went into the EE config and removed the Item ID for the specific item, I'd suspect when the chunk that contained it loaded, it would remove the block/entity because the server wouldn't recognize the ID, similar to what happened when you removed EE all together. Again, this is just speculation. I haven't tested it myself.

Either way, you'd want to restrict access to your server while you do either of the above actions to minimize any collateral damage ;)

Also, not entirely sure if it would work, but if you went into the EE config and removed the Item ID for the specific item, I'd suspect when the chunk that contained it loaded, it would remove the block/entity because the server wouldn't recognize the ID, similar to what happened when you removed EE all together. Again, this is just speculation. I haven't tested it myself.

That would work I believe, when I updated my server to 3.1.2 which removed crafting table MKII/III the console popped a little message 'Ignoring tile entity ###' And it was gone.

Just banning items won't fix items already placed. While what you did fixed the problem, it's a bit severe ;)

I know there are plugins that remove all spawners and chests throughout the world going through each chunk. It be great if someone (maybe I will when I get the chance) would look into modifying one to allow the item ID it looks for to be customizeable through a command, but you'd definetly not want anyone to have access to the commands or there could be massive chaos.

Either way, you'd want to restrict access to your server while you do either of the above actions to minimize any collateral damage ;)

I had attempted to do so, with the item ID/files, however EE doesn't necessarily have an easy way to do this. Removing their actual files causes crashes, and I had tried to edit them everyway I knew how but to no avail.

The plugin thing would be my best bet.

No, don't remove the files. I figure you can just edit the mod_EE.props

Here's an example from that file:

machineFactor=2

CondenserGUI=46

CollectorGUI=47

Collector2GUI=0

Collector3GUI=0

AlchChestGUI=50

DMFurnaceGUI=51

RMFurnaceGUI=0

RelayGUI=53

Relay2GUI=54

Relay3GUI=55

AlchBagGUI=56

TransmutationGUI=57

PortableTransmutationGUI=58

PortableCraftingGUI=59

PedestalGUI=60

MercurialGUI=61

ExtraKey=46

ChargeKey=47

ToggleKey=34

ReleaseKey=19

BlockEEStone=126

BlockEEPedestal=0

I set BlockEEPedestal to "0", not allowing it to assign an item ID when the server loads, which should make it non-existant and remove it like Ashezz described above.

As I said, I haven't tested it, just a good theory.

Also, I wouldn't make a habbit of it because again, items like iron shovels (ID 256) start doing weird things. So, remove it, load the map, make sure the pedestal is gone, then put the item ID back to what it was.

These ideas are great, but there may be an even easier way if you have WorldGuard installed. In the blacklist on WorldGuard you can set the Watch of Flowing Time to delete it from a player's inventory if they have it, and to stop it from being interacted with. Same goes for the pedestal. There is also a great plugin I have recently been directed towards called NoItem, which can block many of the different interact actions assosicated with an item.

Link to NoItem - http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/noitem/