Is 256MB of dedicated RAM good for a 2 man server?

thebalrogking

• 2 weeks later...

I have a two man server with EE disabled. Each of us is running two quarries w/ about 3 total world anchors in use. The server typically reports 890MB in use. Even w/ no quarries running the server sits at 660ish MB. I do use a bunch of teleport pipes. I'm running a 1GB Rackspace Cloud server so the 890MB peak usage may very well be all that is left after CENTOS is up and running.

i runned a 5 slot server on 256 mb a wile ago. if you don't go to far away from eachother its playable. but expect the console to be full of " can't keep up "

I have a two man server with EE disabled. Each of us is running two quarries w/ about 3 total world anchors in use. The server typically reports 890MB in use. Even w/ no quarries running the server sits at 660ish MB. I do use a bunch of teleport pipes. I'm running a 1GB Rackspace Cloud server so the 890MB peak usage may very well be all that is left after CENTOS is up and running.

u serious ? i ton't get over 800 mb with 10 users on..

i runned a 5 slot server on 256 mb a wile ago. if you don't go to far away from eachother its playable. but expect the console to be full of " can't keep up "

u serious ? i ton't get over 800 mb with 10 users on..

So we've added two additional people. They're just starting out and haven't built any complex machines, reactors, quarries, etc yet and the server utilization is pretty much the same. Not sure how many more ppl can be added with similar results (i.e. no degradation of performance). So the net-net is that 890mb (a 1GB server) seems to be working pretty well for us so far.