A little help please.

jarjacksn

OK so I have a laptop that has a Core 2 duo 2.2 ghz and Intel mobile chipset series 4 graphics. Very recently, my computer hasn't been running well, but I take very good care of it. The main problem is, when I watch a Youtube video, both of my cores are at 100% and the video goes down to around 5 fps or lower. Also, my computer has been shutting down randomly. A little help?

OK so I have a laptop that has a Core 2 duo 2.2 ghz and Intel mobile chipset series 4 graphics. Very recently, my computer hasn't been running well, but I take very good care of it. The main problem is, when I watch a Youtube video, both of my cores are at 100% and the video goes down to around 5 fps or lower. Also, my computer has been overheating. A little help?

That's more like it. Freak is right, that's probably a heat problem. My mom had this problem with her macbook, and I told her to stuff the laptop in the fridge every time it would get burning hot.

Bro-tip, don't this, that's a bad idea. :P

I'm actually really good with computers, so i'm not stupid. Yes, my dell studio 1555 does have overheatinh issues, and that's why I have a cooling pad for it. It used to shut down randomly without it. It just started shutting down again. It was ok for like a year after I started using a cooling pad.

...and that's why I have a cooling pad for it. It used to shut down randomly without it...It was ok for like a year after I started using a cooling pad.

Heat damage is not something that goes away. Any computer components that have started shutting down due to overheating have already had their life limited. Yours appears to be coming to its useful end in the relatively near future.

I'm actually really good with computers, so i'm not stupid. Yes, my dell studio 1555 does have overheatinh issues, and that's why I have a cooling pad for it. It used to shut down randomly without it. It just started shutting down again. It was ok for like a year after I started using a cooling pad.

dude, you're posting on a minecraft modpack forum asking for PC tech support without mentioning important info like "I have a cooling pad because it used to overheat". I'm sure you're a computer genius.

you can try taking some canned air to it, but it's not easy to clear out a laptop without taking it apart first. chances are it's dust buildup and/or straight up damaged components like Torezu mentioned.

No-one said you were stupid.. your processor and your electrical components are made of composite material designed to stand their operating temperatures.

Torezu is right when you heat your components to a limit where the computer shuts down your components reached their critical point. For materials where dimensions are critical this is important, A material which reaches its critical point (thermodynamic wise) will not return to its original shape or form, and in term of your computer it seems that they have been damaged due to thermal expansion.If you know electrical formulas efficiency of transistors and cables relies on their physical dimensions.

Unless you can apply the same exact amount of energy reversibly in a isotropic process for your ceramic materials in your computer and for your chip-sets you will need to do a reversed anisotropic with about 6Bar of pressure. For your metallic components you will need to do a polytropic or isentropic process.. you might need to calculate your sub-cooling temperatures remember this is key, you will need to make a apparatus to mount these components in an isolated system.

Remember to use the thermal expansion coefficients in your calculations to reverse the damage you did to your computer, here is a chart and formulas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_expansion

you might need to derive some formulas and do some interpolation of formulas.

or you know.. you can always buy a new computer and take proper care of it.. this means not letting it burn to death.

• 2 weeks later...

Freakachu, this is in the OFF TOPIC section. Oh and, I did take good care of my computer but it was overheating and shutting down. I got the cooling pad, and it stopped shutting down for over a year. Just now it started to shut down randomly. I don't think its overheating.

Freakachu, this is in the OFF TOPIC section. Oh and, I did take good care of my computer but it was overheating and shutting down. I got the cooling pad, and it stopped shutting down for over a year. Just now it started to shut down randomly. I don't think its overheating.

it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck. clearly, it's an alligator. that's my professional opinion, you can take it or leave it.