Xei's Farming Mod

I know it was AGES ago when this was removed, but I just recently was thinking about how much I loved the mod. Since it was so long ago, I can't remember, why was this mod removed? It's up to date with minecraft and didn't add many new block types (or did it?) and ID conflicts can be fixed by just altering a config (as far as I'm aware). Also, is there any chance of seeing it return in a future update? If not, is it possible to put the mod onto a server (and client) or are there too many problems?

After posting this, I actually thought it'd be a good idea to check and make sure what I was saying was correct, and came accross this:

I spent the last day of my unemployment porting my mod to Bukkit! It's probably riddled with bugs, but if some people could give it a go and report any bugs you find I'd appreciate it. To install, just dump the jar file into your ./mods/ directory, and create a ./mods/Xie/ directory to put your content in. (And don't forget you'll also need an Argo jar file in the ./mods directory too.) You will need the MCPC CraftBukkit build. You will also need Xie's Mod Client Jun22+ installed client side.

Riddled with bugs? Like a lot of things in Tekkit! I see no problems here! :3

After posting this, I actually thought it'd be a good idea to check and make sure what I was saying was correct, and came accross this:

Riddled with bugs? Like a lot of things in Tekkit! I see no problems here! :3

Everything has bugs sadly there is no such thing as a bug-proof game. Just ask Activision =]

My point exactly, everything has bugs, so why not add it in anyway! :L

Even though having Xei's Farming mod would be totally awesomesauce I'd rather not get Java.Util.NullPointerExeption throw at me everytime i craft something. Best to make sure it's stable in stoofs first =P

I want to bump this for mods to see, but I don't want to be irritating...

Oh well, done it now...

Yes, you have.

First, the mods here have no control over pack content whatsoever. The only way to get a mod added to the pack is to make sure an admin sees this thread.

Second, thread-bumping with no additional content is...discouraged here.

Third, you're not really stating your position very well, other than "It used to be there, why is it gone, you should add it back in, or if not how can I?"

It would appear that it has Forge compatibility and has been Bukkit-ported, so you'll probably have some success doing it yourself, but if you want the Technic team to do the work for you, you're going to have to sell it a lot better.

Also, you'll need to keep in mind that it was removed due to redundancy with the (much cooler) IC2 crop system. so you're asking them to spend a bunch of effort putting things that are totally unnecessary into the pack.

• 2 months later...

The IC2 crop system is crappy. I'd much rather have fruit trees and loads of new food types than a sugar cane that can grow pumpkins.

But anyway, I have already added it back in to my own server, with some horrible compatibility error with one of the mods, can't remember which, it was nothing important.

As for the points rasied by Torezu, I said mods, but I wasn't being literal, mods, admins, whoever is in charge, that's who I was talking about, and as for selling it better, I didn't expect to have to do a Dragon's Den pitch of the mod, since it has been in the pack before so everyone knows what it is/does etc.

The IC2 crop system is crappy. I'd much rather have fruit trees and loads of new food types than a sugar cane that can grow pumpkins.

From this sentence it seems pretty obvious that you've never actually done IC2 cross breeding for more than 5 minutes before...