Looking for a land protection/nopvp plugin anyone help me?

Hey everyone im running a tekkit server but I am looking for a plugin kinda like faction where people can protect there land and also have pvp off in that area but I cannot seem to find a plugin like that so if anyone could help me let me know on here or skype.

Server Ip:86.161.82.223

• 1 month later...

Ok, let me help you here for a second.

DON'T USE TOWNY.

How else can I specify that more?

Okay, the problem with towny is that its not "friends" with items from EE, like dark matter/red matter tools, destruction catalyst, nova catalyst/catalysms. If you get a dark or red matter hammer, and you right click with it, you would be able to break the blocks within a town, even if you were not a part of it. Same goes with the novas, the destruction catalyst, or any other block like that (even the nuclear reactors and nukes). Some people put the explosives one block away from the town land, blow it, RUN, and boom. Bypasses the protections

Highly suggest residence, as you can turn off the 'use' flag and people won't be able to.

Ok, let me help you here for a second.

DON'T USE TOWNY.

How else can I specify that more?

Okay, the problem with towny is that its not "friends" with items from EE, like dark matter/red matter tools, destruction catalyst, nova catalyst/catalysms. If you get a dark or red matter hammer, and you right click with it, you would be able to break the blocks within a town, even if you were not a part of it. Same goes with the novas, the destruction catalyst, or any other block like that (even the nuclear reactors and nukes). Some people put the explosives one block away from the town land, blow it, RUN, and boom. Bypasses the protections

Highly suggest residence, as you can turn off the 'use' flag and people won't be able to.

Theres a patch for that...

I would agree not to use towny because i dont like it, but if you patch EE like most people do it works just fine...

I suggest griefprevention! :)

+1 for "residence". Users can set up multiple residences and tp between them. And flags can be set true or false to allow specific or all users to do certain things, or not. For example, by default "flow" is false, but if you want a fountain or infinite water source you can set "waterflow" true, which since "flow" is false, lava will still not flow (unless you set "flow" or "lavaflow" true). And with firespread false by default, if someone tries to grief you with lava it will remain 1 lava block without flowing and will not burn up your residence.

I like residence because of its ability to have users do work instead of me

But the patch for towny didn't work for me. I didn't really like towny all too much, so I spent like 5 seconds tryingto get the patch but moved to residence.

However, I also see residence does like to have its config do everything, but I like it better with permissions. I've had many problems with the config and now I think ima change to griefprevention. I wonder, do they let the players do stuff like change flags, like in residence?

Im pretty sure it does

Basically what happens is a person makes their first chest and it makes their first region around it. They get a configurable amount of claim blocks per hour up to a configurable max. They can make more claims or edit their current ones. /trust username lets someone build in their claim

Another useful feature is restorenature, it will restore a chunk's nature without destroying anything manmade.

Everything will work from the start without any permission nodes (admins will need perms or op though)

I will look up what tags someone can set