ModifyWorld Problems

xjjon88

So I am using modifyworld but it does not seem to work. I am using disable craft as well but I would want to be able to restrict certain items to certain groups, etc.

- -modifyworld.items.(craft|drop|have|destroy).(301208:?*|207|246:5)

- modifyworld.*

Is there anything wrong with the syntax? I'm getting frustrated :/

The spacing is right, etc, and I checked it with a parser. Also is there any other plugin to recommend for item banning for different boots?

Well I see a bunch of things wrong with your node:

If you are using wildcards (*) because you want to block every item with that ID number (including sub items with metadata) then you must do 301208.?* (use . not : )

If you are using a specific metadata for that item number then you have it correct, use a colon to seperate the ID and metadata - 246:5 - That will ONLY block 246:5 and NOT 246 or 246:1 etc.

You need to put an x in front of the item numbers (outside of the brackets). .x(301208.?*)

You need to seperate "items" and "blocks". You can't use "destroy/place/interact" with items, you must use those with "blocks".

The options for BLOCKS are: Destroy - Place - Interact

The options for ITEMS are : Craft - Drop - Enchant - Have - Pickup - Use - Throw

So if you want to disable those things in your example just try:

- -modifyworld.items.(craft|have|pickup|use).x(301208.?*|207|246:5)

- -modifyworld.blocks.(destroy|place|interact).x(301208.?*|207|246:5)

ALSO! Note that if you want to, you can group a string of item #s together. Say you want to block every EE item, you don't need to type each separate item ID you can just group them together:

.x(27526-27594.?*)

This will block EVERY item from 27526 to 27594 including items with any metadata

Once you get modifyworld working I would just get rid of disablecraft. You don't need 2 plugins doing the same thing. I personally like modifyworld. It might be a pain in the ass to figure out the correct syntax, but once you get it going you will love it.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong

as i cant place any blocks on my server if i dont have modifyworld.* perm even with the following

Member:

options:

prefix: '&0(&fMember&0)&f'

permissions:

- multiverse.access.*

- towny.town.resident

- admincmd.item.kithelp

- bukkit.command.me

- bukkit.command.tell

- modifyworld.damage.*

- modifyworld.mobtarget.*

- modifyworld.interact.*

- modifyworld.items.*

- modifyworld.digestion

- modifyworld.bucket.*

- modifyworld.usebeds

- modifyworld.chat.private

- modifyworld.sneak

- lwc.protect

- admincmd.player.list

- admincmd.player.msg

- admincmd.player.afk

- admincmd.player.roll

- admincmd.player.played

- admincmd.player.reply

- admincmd.tp.back

- admincmd.tp.home

- admincmd.server.help

- admincmd.spawn.tp

- admincmd.server.motd

- admincmd.server.news

- admincmd.server.rules

- admincmd.kit.cart

- modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(1-6)

- -modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(7)

- -modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(126:10)

- -modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(126:11)

- modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(127-213)

- modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x215

- modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(217-222)

- modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(224-236)

- -modifyworld.items.craft.x126:10

- worldportal.use

inheritance:

worlds:

world: {}

- modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(1-6)

- -modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(7)

- -modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(126:10)

- -modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(126:11)

- modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(127-213)

- modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x215

- modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(217-222)

- modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact|destroy).x(224-236)

- -modifyworld.items.craft.x126:10

as im grabbing cobble (id:4) trying to place and it wont let me but the first line clearly allows it, but if I put the .* perm it doesnt block any placements etc so it seems like it either block everything or block nothing surely thats not right

The #1 thing to remember about modifyworld is you NEED to have modifyworld.* AFTER everything else. I always put it at the bottom of my permissions.

If you don't have modifyworld.* it is essentially blocking you from placing anything that you don't have specific permission for.

Also remember the way permissionex does permissions checks. It is always from top to bottom. Meaning it checks the permission at the top of the list first and then so on down the line. That is why you put modifyworld.* at the bottom of all of your other modifyworld permission nodes.

I should also note that contrary to my previous post, you no longer have to put an "x" in front of your item numbers. They removed that requirement several versions ago and just recently removed it from their wiki page.

Okay thanks for the help. I have one more question, Now I am using NoItem to ban items. It works perfectly except when I ban a redmatter furnace. As we all know, There is a major duping glitch involved with a red matter furnace so thats why I want to ban it. I am putting this in the permissions to make it get banned

- 'noitem.noplace.126:4'

- 'noitem.nohold.126:4

- 'noitem.nocraft.126:4'

And it still does not work! I really need an answer to this so please help!

The #1 thing to remember about modifyworld is you NEED to have modifyworld.* AFTER everything else. I always put it at the bottom of my permissions.

If you don't have modifyworld.* it is essentially blocking you from placing anything that you don't have specific permission for.

Also remember the way permissionex does permissions checks. It is always from top to bottom. Meaning it checks the permission at the top of the list first and then so on down the line. That is why you put modifyworld.* at the bottom of all of your other modifyworld permission nodes.

I should also note that contrary to my previous post, you no longer have to put an "x" in front of your item numbers. They removed that requirement several versions ago and just recently removed it from their wiki page.

Your a legend that fixed the issue up nicely, I'm very thankful for you time to help out.

Can someone help me please?

I have this set up but it doesnt seem to be working.

-modifyworld.items.(have|pickup|craft).(122|46|4095|250:15|26526|126:0|126:1|126:2|126:4|126:10|126:11|137:3|179|208:0|214|237|7270|7303|27527:?*|27530:?*|27531:?*|27532:?*|27533:?*|27535:?*|27538:?*|27555:?*|27556:?*|27570:?*|27572:?*|27573:?*|27574:?*|27579:?*|27580:?*|27581:?*|27582:?*|27583:?*|27584:?*|27593:?*|30208:?*)

- -modifyworld.blocks.(place|interact).(122|46|4095|27526:?*|250:15|126:0|126:1|126:2|126:4|126:10|126:11|137:3|126:10|126:11|179|208:0|214|237|27526:?*|30208:?*)

- -modifyworld.item.use.(27526:?*|26526|250:15|126:0|126:1|126:2|126:4|126:10|126:11|27526:?*2|27548:?*|27570:?*|27527:?*|27583:?*30208:?*).on.block.*:?*

- -modifyworld.item.use.*:?*.on.block.(27526:?*|26526|250:15|126:0|126:1|126:0|126:2|126:4|126:10|126:11|137:3|208:0|30208:?*)

Deimos, like myself you are better off pasting your entire permissions.yml file into pastebin.com and giving the link to use as this would allow us to take a look at everything as it may well be you have made a mistake else where that is causing this not to work (much like I had)

But to get the basic checks done

Goto http://yaml-online-parser.appspot.com/ paste in your code and see if it returns any errors and if the grouping stays as expected as those seem to be the most common issues (people using tabs rather than spaces, incorrect indents etc)

Next up is verifying that you have got modify world enabled in its own config.yml file as without that nothing you alter using it will function also remember that the use-check option alters the way in which the checks are performs and also setting use-item-names is a weird one I would recommend this be off so you can just use id's as names don't seem to work correctly for anything other than vanilla mc or at least the names are not the same as ingame which I verified myself using nei's item/block dump)

Once you ensure all that is set correctly then come back here and paste your pastebin link so we can see the whole config as this will allow us to see any obvious errors and test it ourselves to see if it maybe to do with your layout (remembering that pex checks the perms top to bottom so the order in which the items are listed is important, ensure your modifyworld.* is the last line after you remove prior item/block perms).

Good luck and remember stay positive, its taken me 4-5 days of work to get my modifyworld setup correctly and working, so dont expect an instant fix or someone to fix it all for you as its never that easy and will require dedication and a lot of work but you will find we can give advice and suggestions that will get you heading in the correct direction but we will need all the info to do so.

Education is key in modifyworld and the learning curve isn't easy specially due to their wiki being incorrect in places and completely lacking in others.

first thing try.?* not : as i believe that doesnt work.

turn off use item checks as this will simplify the perms rather than have use on block you can just block the base item for interact and place then just block item use and thats it rather than trying to do the additional on block bit as I think that also might be part of the issue.

Also try using /pex user <your ign> toggle debug then place the blocks (if it will allow) if so you will get a console log for the event which will tell you what perm its checking and if its seeing your rules or not.

Also as I have already said - modifyworld.* must be the last item as it checks top to bottom so at the moment before it sees any of your perms it gets to - modifyworld.* and goes ok your fine to do anything and allows it as why check the rest when your already saying they can do anything... please read the replies and follow them before asking for help as you will find many people will ignore you as well your ignoring them and I know I will not reply again until you fix the items I have already told you are wrong if you choose to ignore that then well you'll never fix it as your not paying attention lol

can you repost the new perms file please so we can take a look at the new one, also how are you testing these? are you demoting yourself or are you using a second account, just as the individual user perms maybe effecting it.

I'll do my best to assist, if you can give me access to the server directly I will try to login and test with you as that will give you a blank user to try it with no current perms beyond that that are set on the per group basis.

as during my checks what you have now corrected should have fixed the issue well at least it did on my tests.

If you wish I will give you a copy of my perms, pex config, modifyworld config that I know are configured correctly and do work and you can alter them as needed using the existing structure which may help you progress the issue towards a resolution.

ok heres a real weird one for anyone whos up to the challenge

User IDED checked for "modifyworld.items.pickup.1266", "-modifyworld.items.(craft|have|pickup).(125-133):?*" found

now surely that means the geedy repeat at the end isnt checking meta data but just matching any number thats larger than its self

Odd also please not if its .?* or :?* it still has the error

Dont want to hijack the thread but i dont think its necessary to open a new one for a related issue, so here i go:

I have mutiverse and survival and a creative world.

I want certain groups to be able to enter the Creative world (everyone actually can get in) but not able to build or interact with it, just fly and whatch. So i negated modifyworld.* permission for that world, but they are still able to build interact with it

http://pastebin.com/JHC8cn9N

Any clue on how to fix this?

EDIT: To be more clear, i want members of the group Guest to enter the creative world as espectators, i want them to fly but not build!