Sky Broadband Blocked technicpack.net(?)

IAmOmicron

BUT.... does this site use IPv6? I still cannot find out. If it does, then I assume it was quietly changed over from IPv4 a week or so ago, as I could get in fine before then.

I have no idea how this works, but I would have thought it possible to keep both systems running alongside each other until everyone was compatible?

Can't change my provider, its part of the building I rent.

Bt however have not yet implemented it for their home services as yet and having spoken to them recently about it they told me they have no immediate plans to do so either. From a sky service i have also replicated the problem using reliable public servers such as googles dns server. I have also tested that there is no problem accessing the site from a BT service(non ipv6) or a talk talk service(also non ipv6) using either the isp's dns servers or the google public ones. but thank you for your obvious enormous insight and expertise on the subject moogle. My point being quite simply it is neither a dns problem or an ipv6 problem and that the problem does not exist outside skys infrastructure ipv6 or not.

This problem is so ridiculous on sky now that having sent someone affected an http link to this forum on facebook. they can now not access their facebook. i shall have to log into their FB for them and ensure no trace of that link is present on their start up fb page for them..in my opinion this web service should sue sky for loss of custom and interruption of their business.

I think this may be the culprit. Legend has it that the wild "bandersnatch" like to mess with forum connections in its free time (when it is not chasing young blonde girls) and has a particular taste for British Sky Broadband users.

Warning last seen around the Tekkit forums.

Children beware.

ysd84.jpg

Frankly, from the way the route is blocked and their actions, it looks to me like someone on their engineering team is a technic hater abusing company resources. A single domain from a shared host with a complete IP4 route? That's not IP6 incpompatibilities, that's content filtering.

Drop em, switch to someone else, and send a message to as high up their command chain as you can go letting that person know exactly why you switched.

Frankly, from the way the route is blocked and their actions, it looks to me like someone on their engineering team is a technic hater abusing company resources. A single domain from a shared host with a complete IP4 route? That's not IP6 incpompatibilities, that's content filtering.

Drop em, switch to someone else, and send a message to as high up their command chain as you can go letting that person know exactly why you switched.

Except I can't easily drop em. Not without moving out of my nice rental.

Oh well... via proxy with no updates for the forseeable future then