RedPower2 - I need a tutorial for auto maceration and furnace!

Tyl3r684

This is my little setup I have (this is just the factory area)

2012-08-20_21_45_22.png

I would love if someone could get me a tutorial on how to automate the right chest to dump into the maceration, then when it is dust, go into the furnace and when it is an ingot it deposits into the chest on the left, using RedPower! Not IC2 or BC! Please! :)

least resource intensive method would be to use pneumatic tubes, transposers, and a timer. First of all transposers, they have two holes on them, big one is input and little one is output. Put one down with its input touching the right chest, then route pneumatic tubes from that to the top of the macerator. Do the same thing with a transposer on the side of the macerator with tubes to top of the furnace, and one on the side of the furance with tubes to the left chest. Now plop down a timer somewhere and hook it up with redstone to all of the transposers, and you're done.

Place a transponder next to the chest, then connect pneumatic tubes from that transponder to the top of the macerator.

Take another transponder and place it in front of the macerator, connect pneumatic tubes from that transponder to the top of the furnaces.

Further, you need another two transponders in front of the furnaces and to connect them to the last chest using pneumatic tubes.

Finally, use redstone-wire/jacketed-wire to connect all the transponders together with a lever and a redpower timer. When the lever is active the timer won't pulse, but when the lever is off the timer will power all the transponders and run your system.

Edit: Beaten, disregard if you would like to.

Place a transponder next to the chest, then connect pneumatic tubes from that transponder to the top of the macerator.

Take another transponder and place it in front of the macerator, connect pneumatic tubes from that transponder to the top of the furnaces.

Further, you need another two transponders in front of the furnaces and to connect them to the last chest using pneumatic tubes.

Finally, use redstone-wire/jacketed-wire to connect all the transponders together with a lever and a redpower timer. When the lever is active the timer won't pulse, but when the lever is off the timer will power all the transponders and run your system.

Edit: Beaten, disregard if you would like to.

This was the best one, thank you a lot!!

I was going to post a picture of an example set up, but decided to write something quickly in hopes of still being useful. As it is I was still beaten to the punch. Oh well.

w8ZUL.jpg

You could also use paint and make even a simple furnace-macerator set up look a lot nicer.

I need to get better with all of Tekkit, I am not a "noob" I would say average, but that right there..looks amazing! Mind if I steal design? :D

No problem. Mind you it was my first project using redpower and I can't say its very efficient or cheap. I planned it out in creative and then crafted the design in survival to replace an old buildcraft sorting lag-monster. Because its predecessor filled up my basement I ended up making a large system when it didn't need to be.

It has one sorting machine which takes all raw ores, resin, and rubber logs into six macerators and three extractors. The macerators each have three overclockers, and feed ore dust into furnaces, which have one overclocker each. The furnaces and extractors then take their payloads to a singular chest.

OZOoA.jpg

Filters take out of each IC2 machine and feed it to the next set of machines with pulses from a red wool jacketed wire and a timer. All the machines are powered with six solar panels, which feed two MFE's and three Batboxes.

Looking back, I could have gotten away with using two colors, transponders instead of most filters, and two filters instead of a sorting machine, but its already been made and installed in my workshop's basement so I don't really mind.

mdV1D.jpg