Technic Launcher: Agelian is the Jesus of Technic

KakerMix

Question

• Forum Administrators

Hi.

This forum is for all things related to the new Technic Launcher, issues, problems, criticisms, everything.

So I finally managed to create an .app launcher for Mac. There's one thing though, changing memory settings inside launcher won't work. (it is set to 2048M :P) Aaand... the launcher defaults to 64 bit java (should also work on 32 bit java).

Here is the download link: http://dl.thenumb.eu/TechnicLauncher.zip

I'd appreciate any feedback.

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

can we go back to the old launcher this 1 isnt good every 1 is haveing problems like me my .techniclauncher has folders in it but nothing inside the folder and also when i try to log in it says i need to buy minecraft but i have a bought minecraft

can we go back to the old launcher this 1 isnt good every 1 is haveing problems like me my .techniclauncher has folders in it but nothing inside the folder and also when i try to log in it says i need to buy minecraft but i have a bought minecraft

People have problems every time a program changes launchers.

It'll all quiet down once their computers are updated, and the basic issues are worked out.

This is a login problem you need to use your Minecraft login details. The files are not downloaded until it verifies that you own a legitimate Minecraft account. If you have bought the game like you say you should be able to login just fine. The Launcher is now made easier than ever and it solves many previous problems The launcher is never the issue it is normally the user.

I have tried the .jar and the .app that TheNumb had made and I have gotten the same result, a crash.

I'm running a mac.

Mods loaded: 50

ModLoader 1.1

mod_CARuins v2.3.0

mod_ModLoaderMp 1.0.0

mod_NotEnoughItems 1.1.1

mod_Somnia v19 [1.1.0]

mod_HangableMaps 1.1

mod_betterDungeons 0.91

mod_ComputerCraft 1.21

mod_EE Equivalent Exchange 6.0.0

mod_InvTweaks 1.36 (1.1)

mod_MAtmos_forModLoader r10 for 1.1.x

mod_mocreatures v3.2.2 (MC 1.1)

mod_RailcraftAutomation 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftBuildcraft 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftCore 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftExtras 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftFactory 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftInfrastructure 3.2.1

mod_RailcraftRails 3.2.1

mod_ThaumCraft 1.2

mod_treecapitator 1.1

Balkon's WeaponMod 1.1.0 v8.4.0 SMP Edition

mod_WirelessRedstone 1.5

mod_ReiMinimap v3.0_01 [1.1]

mod_RedPowerArray 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerCore 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerLighting 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerLogic 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerMachine 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerWiring 2.0pr4d

mod_RedPowerWorld 2.0pr4d

mod_Clevercraft 1.6.2

mod_ItemDescriptions 1.3

mod_EnderChest 1.0.1

mod_AdditionalBuildcraftObjects 0.9-63 (MC 1.1, BC 3.1.2)

mod_BuildCraftCore 3.1.3

mod_BuildCraftBuilders 3.1.3

mod_BuildCraftEnergy 3.1.3

mod_BuildCraftFactory 3.1.3

mod_BuildCraftTransport 3.1.3

mod_LogisticsPipes 0.1.8 (built with Minecraft 1.1.0, Buildcraft 3.1.2, Forge 1.3.1)

mod_BuildCraftSilicon 3.1.3

mod_zAdditionalPipes Rev34.0

mod_Forestry 1.3.2.1

mod_BuildCraftZFP (Forestry Package)

mod_IC2 v1.64

mod_Millenaire 2.2

mod_IC2_ChargingBench 1.64-1

mod_tome 1.0.0

mod_xpbook 1.0.0

Minecraft has crashed!

----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

If you wish to report this, please copy this entire text and email it to [email protected].

Please include a description of what you did when the error occured.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 738546a2 --------

Generated 2/10/12 10:25 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.1

Java: 1.6.0_29, Apple Inc.

VM: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc.

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: ATI Radeon X1600 OpenGL Engine version 2.0 ATI-1.6.36, ATI Technologies Inc.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 243 is already occupied by thaumcraft.BlockCrucible@206b4c9c when adding ic2.common.BlockRubWood@6472a664

at oe.<init>(Block.java:176)

at oe.<init>(Block.java:204)

at ic2.platform.BlockCommon.<init>(BlockCommon.java:12)

at ic2.common.BlockTex.<init>(BlockTex.java:30)

at ic2.common.BlockRubWood.<init>(BlockRubWood.java:23)

at mod_IC2.initialize(mod_IC2.java:254)

at ic2.platform.Ic2.load(Ic2.java:65)

at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:824)

at ModLoader.AddAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)

at afq.<init>(afq.java:80)

at afq.<clinit>(afq.java:9)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:316)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:624)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

--- END ERROR REPORT 261383c7 ----------

I can t seem to chose the mods i want cause all of them together gives me major lag!!!

For me I initially turn off Millenaire. You can try that to see if it helps. Find the location of the ModLoader.cfg and change mod_Millenaire=on to mod_Millenaire=off this helped me in the past with any large lag spikes. Keep in mind that if you are running around a new map you will get some lag. After a while it should settle down.

oh yea my location for the ModLoader.cfg is C:\Documents and Settings\Cryptic\Application Data\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config

For me I initially turn off Millenaire. You can try that to see if it helps. Find the location of the ModLoader.cfg and change mod_Millenaire=on to mod_Millenaire=off this helped me in the past with any large lag spikes. Keep in mind that if you are running around a new map you will get some lag. After a while it should settle down.

Thank you so much bro!!!!

oh yea my location for the ModLoader.cfg is C:\Documents and Settings\Cryptic\Application Data\.techniclauncher\technicssp\config

So, the problem I seem to be having is that when I click "login" on the launcher window it starts downloading, but a few moments later a notice will come up saying "Update Failed!".

I have looked around the forums, but there doesn't seem to be anything on this subject. I can't be the only one with this problem! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Java: 6 (32-bit)

So, the problem I seem to be having is that when I click "login" on the launcher window it starts downloading, but a few moments later a notice will come up saying "Update Failed!".

I have looked around the forums, but there doesn't seem to be anything on this subject. I can't be the only one with this problem! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had this problem earlier, it was a traffic issue, continue trying and eventually it should go through.

If it's still not working tommorrow, then you might have a problem you'd need to post the log file for.

Edit: I Just had this problem again putting it on my home PC(it was put on my laptop earlier today), took 7 attempts to get it downloaded properly, but it did go through just fine.

You can speed up the attempts by closing it immediately as soon as the progress stops moving. Unless you're on a 56k modem or something crazy these files are too small for it to hang on a % for any noticable amount of time.

• Forum Administrators

Nobody is going to take you seriously if you don't even bother spell-checking your post or even bother to type 'one'.

To answer your terribly-formatted question: No. The old installer is dead and we will not be moving back to it. You must have a valid minecraft.net account in order to install Technic/Tekkit.

You need to access the file from in the appdata/roaming/.technicpack. run the JAR there through java.

I checked there and the jar does not have the option to run and contains no data (0 KB). I am running windows 7 32 bit and would appreciate a step by step because i may have missed something.

I had this problem earlier, it was a traffic issue, continue trying and eventually it should go through.

If it's still not working tommorrow, then you might have a problem you'd need to post the log file for.

Edit: I Just had this problem again putting it on my home PC(it was put on my laptop earlier today), took 7 attempts to get it downloaded properly, but it did go through just fine.

You can speed up the attempts by closing it immediately as soon as the progress stops moving. Unless you're on a 56k modem or something crazy these files are too small for it to hang on a % for any noticable amount of time.

It's still not working. I have retried dozens of times, and to no avail. Now I'm assuming that this "log file" you speak of is the "logs" folder in ".techniclauncher" folder. The files are pretty big, so they wouldn't fit on this post. Are you referring to a different file?

Ok, so I've looked through the common errors pages and tried a lot of things, but not much hs gotten me farther. Here's the deal: I have a Mac, and NEI will not work because it is stuck in recipe mode. I found all .cfg files but i have no way of opening them. How can i open the files to edit them?

I am having same problem. Been trying for over an hour. Was working fine earlier today.

I'm not sure if this a bug or just a client problem, but sometimes when I click the modpack-chooser-dropbox-thing it does not include all of the options (Technic, Tekkit, and Vanilla). Also, it appears that I cannot pin it to the taskbar.

I hope those are just bugs.

I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure Tekkit has been removed from the download for now in order for it to be fixed.

Doesn't matter - whatever option I pick, technic, tekkit (when it was still there) or vanilla - the launcher fails very early in the download of minecraft.jar

EDIT:

However, I just tried clearing out my .minecraft folder and forcing a download of the vanilla client, and its stalling on this as well, so that suggests a problem over at the MC.net servers, doesn't it? (And sorry if someone identified this in another thread, I find it very hard to keep up with all of them)