How can I tell if it's Ferru or Aurelia? Also, how to automatie filling the cropmatron?

QUESTION 1:

The only IC2 plant I have not grown is Aurelia, I'm crossing

• ferru x ferru
  • red wheat x ferru
  • redwheat x red wheat

etc, trying to get it...my plants are around 8/8/8 on average... (slowly bringing those numbers up of course,,,)

but I still have not seen Aurelia... Can anyone help?

I
do
have some plants from a ferru x ferru cross that have not bloomed even though there is iron under them... I've switch it to gold... but, what I'm wondering:
is anyway to tell if a young plant is Aurelia or ferru?

do they look different when young?

QUESTION 2:

I'm proud of my fertlizer, hydration cell and weed-ex automation. Cobble becomes scrap which becomes fertilizer, water cells are fill from an infinite water source then processed in to hydration cells. then it's all sent to a chest near the garden...

2012_08_22_12_57_19.png

BUT
I can't seem to autofill my 15 cropmatrons. Anyone know how to do this?

I don't think there's a way to tell, but whenever I see one growing as a crossbreed, I just put both a gold and iron block under it, as it'll look up to three blocks down for the right type.

And unfortunately cropmatrons just don't get along with piping, as there's no way to ensure the right items go in the right column unless you do something ridiculously complex like a multi-stage process to suck out any items currently in it, fill it with three stacks of fertilizer, three hydration cells, and three WeedX in that specific order.

I have a very simple solution to auto filling your cropmatrons.

Merely place 3 cropmatrons next to one another, and power them all. Pump ONLY weed-ex into one of them, ONLY hydration into another, and ONLY fertilizer into the third.

Each one will fill all three columns with only one type of product, but across all three of them, you will be guaranteed to have all 3 needs filled for the region. AND if you stack them vertically, you can still plant in a 9x9 area.

I have a very simple solution to auto filling your cropmatrons.

Merely place 3 cropmatrons next to one another, and power them all. Pump ONLY weed-ex into one of them, ONLY hydration into another, and ONLY fertilizer into the third.

Each one will fill all three columns with only one type of product, but across all three of them, you will be guaranteed to have all 3 needs filled for the region. AND if you stack them vertically, you can still plant in a 9x9 area.

Slightly better way- stack the cropmatrons (I recommend two, weed-ex lowers stats) and put some RP2 tubes next to them, then it's as simple as painting the tubes, and filling them with an (preferably) un-stackable item like buckets. After that, just remove the buckets from one row, and tag your imputed fertilizer, hydros, or weed-ex with the corresponding tube color.

Slightly better way- stack the cropmatrons (I recommend two, weed-ex lowers stats) and put some RP2 tubes next to them, then it's as simple as painting the tubes, and filling them with an (preferably) un-stackable item like buckets. After that, just remove the buckets from one row, and tag your imputed fertilizer, hydros, or weed-ex with the corresponding tube color.

That is exactly what I just suggested, except with additional unnecessarily complicating steps added in. Unnecessary because there's no reason to worry about pinching pennies when the OP already has automatic ingredient factories?

That is exactly what I just suggested, except with additional unnecessarily complicating steps added in. Unnecessary because there's no reason to worry about pinching pennies when the OP already has automatic ingredient factories?

It's just a nice touch, keeps things a little bit neater, and even though he does have auto-factories, it appears he's not using EE(just a guess, seeing as there's a cobble gen) so every item counts.

Also, weed-ex lowers the gained stats a fairly decent amount, I believe it's impossible to get maxed-out plants with the stuff.