How can I use an existing vanilla map in Tekkit?

helen269

I have a vanilla MC map that I would like to use in Tekkit. If I use MCEdit to delete chunks that I've explored but not built on can I use that vanilla Minecraft map in Tekkit?

The deleting chunks thing is so that the Tekkit ores can spawn in my old map (but obviously not under my structures).

It should work for vanilla maps (it's only a problem for things like TechnicSSP maps because of different mods and IDs), just take the save directory, move it under your Tekkit server install, and rename it 'world' (or whatever level name is specified in server.properties if you changed it).

It should work for vanilla maps (it's only a problem for things like TechnicSSP maps because of different mods and IDs), just take the save directory, move it under your Tekkit server install, and rename it 'world' (or whatever level name is specified in server.properties if you changed it).

Thanks! :-)

I guess the best thing to do is just go for it and see what happens....

If anyone's interested, I've just put a copy of my huge (500mb) vanilla world into the Tekkit "saves" folder, used MCEdit's chunk tool to delete a test area and when Tekkit regenerated that area it was the same topography as before but had the new Tekkit ores in! :-)

Strangely enough there was a little overspill of Tekkit ores and purple plants from the deleted test area into the surrounding (vanilla) area that wasn't deleted.