I hate to ask, but what is it.

I've been playing technic and tekkit for a while, but just today I noticed this other thing in the modpack list called Hack/Mine. I know its a derivative of minecraft but honestly that's all i know about it. If anyone can give me a simple direction on what the differences are it would be greatly appreciated.

The reason i have to ask is that my internet is terrible and i dont want to download something and play it and 5 seconds later say "wow, this sucks".

1. Its turns minecraft into a hardcore extreme dungeon concoring experience.
  2. It has a few different classes you can pick so basically rpg.
  3. I like it because it has more of a challenge.
  4. One bad thing....there is an annoying bug, you cant get iron with a stone pickaxe, so basically no iron in this version is obtainable, unless you have another world in the older version and already have an iron pick.
  5. So yeah, pretty epic if you'd ask me (except for minor bugs).

• 2 months later...

4. One bad thing....there is an annoying bug, you cant get iron with a stone pickaxe, so basically "no iron" in this version is obtainable, unless you have another world in the older version and already have an iron pick.

LOL bs on #4 you can get iron just use another pick found in a large dungeon or a ranger exploding arrow skill to get it XD

• 1 month later...

It gives Minecraft a more RPG/Action focus. It is better for exploring the biomes new and old, plus it has a more advanced trading system to vanilla Minecraft. The downside to other mod packs IE Technic, Tekkit ex. Is for mining, there is nothing really new. Still tons of fun and multiplayer compatible.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL bs on #4 you can get iron just use another pick found in a large dungeon or a ranger exploding arrow skill to get it XD

Another way to get iron: use lightning on a bunch of pigs in the over world until you have killed enough pigs to get enough gold nuggets to make 3 gold ingots, then use these ingots to make a gold pickaxe, which can THEN be used to get the iron. Laborious? Yes. Pointless? Pretty much.

4. One bad thing....there is an annoying bug, you cant get iron with a stone pickaxe, so basically no iron in this version is obtainable, unless you have another world in the older version and already have an iron pick.

Disproves your "no iron in this version being attainable" theory, so I count it as a WIN.