auto crafting system?

I have tried to ignore all the jerk comments that you guys have been placing. Obviously I know what I am doing with tekkit atleast somewhat, I am sort of new at redpower 2. I had been using buildcraft and industrial craft for months before though. I already have a sorting system and thats NOT what I wanted. Before being a jerk atleast read the title and opening post of the thread please.

So I was thinking of having it setup like this

(a few chests filled with random things) === > retriever ===> auto crafting table

And on top of that have redwire going into both with a delay on the one to the crafting table.

That seems to be the easiest / easiest to expand upon. However I won't be able to see how many of each item it could make and getting to the chests might be a bit of a hassle depending on how I have this setup.

Has anyone done this before that wants to lend me helpful advice? Or are more jerks just going to be jerks and post things about a sorting system when I want an auto crafting system?

I have an auto-crafting system that makes takes ores, makes buckets, then fills them, makes water cells, converts them to cooling cells and then stores them (nothing special really).

I also have others that make Uranium cells (pretty easy) and lots of others.

Its picky... its buggy. You have to play around a lot. I found that if an auto-crafting table didn't make something properly, sometimes smashing it and then replacing it would fix the problem.

Pipes also do seem to have a mind of their own. I found that pneumatic pipes are a little touchy on whether they place the item where you expect it in the crafting table receipe, or just randomly anywhere.

I have two production lines that are identical and one of them behaves differently to the other (the items won't place correctly) and I have never worked out why.

I came up with a relatively simple system. It uses filters instead of retrievers, so it's a lot easier to make. The pictures are pretty self-explanatory. However, if you want to make more advanced stuff you either have to manually stock the machines or attach more tables in a row behind the main one. Then you could use repeaters to produce the basic items first, and time it so that when they reach the next crafting table there is another pulse for that table, etc.

requestandreceivingbay.jpg

gutsv.jpg

wiringp.jpg

Hidden

The people who have sarcasm just have no life. Honestly. :)

Around here, people get mocked for stupidity. It hopefully lets them learn why they were being mocked in the first place, and makes them set out to change their posts/attitude/lifestyle. Whichever suits your fancy.

I can't wrap my head around how to do anything more than building a dirt shack.

That right there is the point where I start mocking people. If you can't do anything or even think about doing anything other than building a dirt shack, then as I stated before. Minecraft is definitely not for you. Perhaps Club Penguin better suits your needs?

Around here, people get mocked for stupidity. It hopefully lets them learn why they were being mocked in the first place, and makes them set out to change their posts/attitude/lifestyle. Whichever suits your fancy.

That right there is the point where I start mocking people. If you can't do anything or even think about doing anything other than building a dirt shack, then as I stated before. Minecraft is definitely not for you. Perhaps Club Penguin better suits your needs?

Club Penguin is awfully interactive, I'm sure he'd prefer MLP Online to it.

Anyway, kids, remember, sarcasm is to life what a chimio is to cancer. It makes some people puke, it cures the cancer of others, but it's always to the benefit of the doctors! Oh wait, that may be a bad analogy...

Uh, please tell me WHAT you guys are providing to this thread. I haven't seen a single person find this funny except for yourselves. You aren't even trying to be remotely helpful in anyway shape or form.

@glory that does look like a nice setup but for filters to work you would need to have the lines separate for items that might use the same material right? otherwise it would just go into the nearest available inventory and thats not what you want.

IE say you have an auto crafting recipe in slot 1 to make you a furnace. then in slot two you have one that makes you a piston. but you wouldn't be able to use that until you already had the mats to make 64 furnaces, correct? (64, max stack, so that crafting table would be full and no longer a valid inventory.)

Or am I just thinking about this the wrong way?

Edit: if a mod swings by this thread can he please delete these guys posts? They are getting this topic off topic and purposely creating a flame war.

Uh, please tell me WHAT you guys are providing to this thread. I haven't seen a single person find this funny except for yourselves. You aren't even trying to be remotely helpful in anyway shape or form.

@glory that does look like a nice setup but for filters to work you would need to have the lines separate for items that might use the same material right? otherwise it would just go into the nearest available inventory and thats not what you want.

IE say you have an auto crafting recipe in slot 1 to make you a furnace. then in slot two you have one that makes you a piston. but you wouldn't be able to use that until you already had the mats to make 64 furnaces, correct? (64, max stack, so that crafting table would be full and no longer a valid inventory.)

Edit: if a mod swings by this thread can he please delete these guys posts? They are getting this topic off topic and purposely creating a flame war.

I am almost feeling bad, so I guess I'll tell you this guy is doing it right. He should have pretty much anything you might want to know.

Items can't go backwards through a filter, and if you needed to hook a few together, you could keep the tubes separate with covers in-between.

/slow clap.

refer to post #6 where I stated "I already have a sorting system and thats NOT what I wanted. Before being a jerk atleast read the title and opening post of the thread please."

It uses sorting machines, but it isn't only a sorting system, it's a "handle everything you dump in it" system.

You haven't precised what is your precise objective. I could probably come up with a contraption for almost any crafting chain. Also, advanced pipes could probably do what you want, but I don't have any experience with them, you'd have to check some tutorials.

It uses sorting machines, but it isn't only a sorting system, it's a "handle everything you dump in it" system.

You haven't precised what is your precise objective. I could probably come up with a contraption for almost any crafting chain. Also, advanced pipes could probably do what you want, but I don't have any experience with them, you'd have to check some tutorials.

-.- wow. Just wow, are you serious? I precisely stated I wanted an autocrafting system. NOT a dump crap in and get stuff sorted system. I basically want an auto crafting system that resembles Logistics pipes system where I can basically request items such as say retrievers, pistons, etc, basically anything under the sun. I already have a sorting system that basically takes any junk materials, chucks them into a condenser, takes ores, spits them into macerators, takes the dust, puts it into furnaces, takes that, gets sorting again into respective chests. redstone/nikolite/anything not maceratable has its own chest or simply goes into a default route.

Items can't go backwards through a filter, and if you needed to hook a few together, you could keep the tubes separate with covers in-between.

Ah I see what your sayin, that might work with a few timers/filters to keep things stocked for the more complex recipes. Not as elegant looking as logistics but I guess its the best I can do for now. Humm, next question is, huge wall of buttons or take the time to program a computer.... ehhh, huge wall of buttons it is.

Edit: Ah well, I guess computer would be less laggy/easier/less space as I wouldn't need so much redstone and redstone timers and I can customize how many ticks the wire goes on for so it would probably just work out better in general.

-.- wow. Just wow, are you serious? I precisely stated I wanted an autocrafting system. NOT a dump crap in and get stuff sorted system. I basically want an auto crafting system that resembles Logistics pipes system where I can basically request items such as say retrievers, pistons, etc, basically anything under the sun. I already have a sorting system that basically takes any junk materials, chucks them into a condenser, takes ores, spits them into macerators, takes the dust, puts it into furnaces, takes that, gets sorting again into respective chests. redstone/nikolite/anything not maceratable has its own chest or simply goes into a default route.

Ah I see what your sayin, that might work with a few timers/filters to keep things stocked for the more complex recipes. Not as elegant looking as logistics but I guess its the best I can do for now. Humm, next question is, huge wall of buttons or take the time to program a computer.... ehhh, huge wall of buttons it is.

Uh, you can drop the defensive position, I'm still helping you, you know?

Now, the problem with this is that you'll need a crafting chain for each and every recipe you could want. It's possible, but it might take a lot of place.

For example, you want a solar panel. You press a button. This button activate RP circuitry (In which I'm not going in detail right now) that tells to a retriever to retrieve from your main storage room three coal, three sand, five redstone dusts, thirteen copper cables, eight cobblestones, ten iron ingots, 4 tin ingots. And you'll need one retriever for each material, two only for the iron ingots since five have to be refined, five not. Then, a sorting machine (You'll see, you'll need it) is used to send the coal to a macerator, the sand to a furnace, the redstone dusts to the circuits and RE-battery crafting tables, the copper cables too, the cobblestones to the furnace crafting table, five iron ingots to the iron furnace crafting table, two refined iron to the circuit table, 3 to the generator one, the tin to the re-battery table, the coal dust to the solar panel table, as well as the glass, the circuits and the generator, the re-batteries to the generator table.

And you'll need one like that for each recipe, each recipe with it's own set of retrievers, and basically, it's own mini-factory. And each one of those sets of retrievers with it's own button with the clusterfuck of redpower cables going with it. Though a few CC computers could make this a bit more compact.

Any questions still?

TL;DR Advanced pipes FTW!

Edit : Didn't saw your edit.

Nice idea xylord but here is what I was thinking. I would have items that require only base materials and are used in some more common complicated recipes (such as rubber + copper = insulated copper wire, or 4 tin = empty cell) looping there output back into my tier one inventory then have the more complicated recipes going in another direction off the same tier one chests. Fairly sure I can modify glorys idea to always have certain things in stock so I wouldn't need to say time my redstone just right so a few copper cables get to the chest as soon as the REbattery gets requested, if you catch my drift.

Still playing around with the idea in my head (and in creative mode).

I'm sorry, I take that back. That might be too much learning for you to handle.

Quit flame baiting, I am fairly sure thats against the rules.

Picture of what I am talking about

http://imgur.com/7CS0B

Update, just thought about having a sorter with all the "tier 2" items going into an ender chest so I can remotely see what I have crafted or if I need more materials via ender pouches.

Unless someone has a nifty idea on how to program a computer to do that for me. me and minecraft computers don't mix well. Still learning.

The basic auto crafting table in tekkit will figure out which things to place in which positions if you simply place it next to a chest instead of trying to place things in it directly.

This makes it easy to use pneumatic tubes, since they can just stuff everything in the recipe into the chest and the crafting table will figure it out correctly on its own.

Well, kinda hit a snag. the retrievulator seems to reorient himself upon a client restart (only does this in SMP)... Grah, might need to make them verticle instead of horizontal.

The basic auto crafting table in tekkit will figure out which things to place in which positions if you simply place it next to a chest instead of trying to place things in it directly.

This makes it easy to use pneumatic tubes, since they can just stuff everything in the recipe into the chest and the crafting table will figure it out correctly on its own.

The crafting table MK2 has its own inventory, much better than the chest idea imo.