Trying to build a solar panel factory

Makotech222

Hi everyone, here's my problem: I'm building a solar panel factory with teleport pipes and loads of mass fabs for all the input materials. When i set up my autocraft tables to build the parts, i get lots of problems with logistics. Mostly, as raw materials start flowing in, the crafting tables will start to get too much of one material, and blocks will start spewing out of the tubes onto the floor, slowing the server down a lot and wasting materials. Is there any way to control the flow better, and have everything run smoother?

My setup is like this: UU matter from about 12 fabs goes to crafting tables to produce the prereq materials. Materials teleport to a row of chests in the factory for storage. Materials are pumped into a teleport pipe to go to my second floor, which holds all the crafting tables for solar parts. The second floor is where all the pipes are spewing stuff out when crafting tables get full of one material.

yeah, the retrivulator is having trouble pulling in rubber and outputing it to an adjacent crafting table.

Edit: Okay, have a new setup. Each of my input items is set up to an individual reciever + sorting machine. The sorting machine is supposed to send each item to several crafting tables that need it. But a new problem has come up. If i have my sorting machine send out redstone to 2 different colored pipes, it only tags it for one pipe. It doesn't seem to alternate as it should. Redstone is in both columns, colors are set, and pipes work. No idea why it isn't alternating between columns.

Sorry for the triple post, but the ship has sailed! Finally got the machines to work and end up outputting solar panels! Still, have a problem getting timing to work, as automatic crafting tables will eventually start getting too much of one item, then it will clog and prevent other items from getting in the box and being used for crafting. I want to get the retrievletor to work, but it seems to not be compatible with IC2 items, or am i just using it wrong?

Edit: And also, would love a better way to split items from a sorting machine, rather than having the reciving blocks be equidistant.

mh. i dont think that sorting machines are recognized as valid inventory by the retrievulator.

it works which chest and machines(IC2 and forestry) but never tried a set up like this. you could try to place a relay or an immbis buffer (the one not crafted with iron bars) between the retrievulator and the sortingmachine.

Aha! relay worked!

Last question: I'm trying to get a sorting machine to split it's output to two different crafting tables, both using the same thing (redstone). Is there any way to get the sorting machine to split it to two different colored pipes? If i try to set redstone to two different columns/colors, it just makes it the first color and never the seconds, regardless of the mode. Currently, i'm having it split by having the crafting tables be equidistant from each other. It *sorta* works.

I built a Solar Panel assembly line in creative last week. Just to see how tight I could get it. It is 17w x 9l x 6h - I used a 5 step assembly line. Raw Material > Processed > Fabricated > Manufactured > End Product

I used condencers for raw materials, each raw material had to have a specific mk lvl of Relay or Collector on top or to the sides to manage the production of the resource. To move the items in each condencer to the next step in the assembly line I used Filters, in certain spots I used Sorting machines. All items were moved by pneumatic pipes and at places timed (Using timers) inputs into the filters or sorting machines. This was a very very tight setup, although I could maybe have tightened it up even more.

solarj.jpg

By shackkcd at 2012-09-02

I built a Solar Panel assembly line in creative last week. Just to see how tight I could get it. It is 17w x 9l x 6h - I used a 5 step assembly line. Raw Material > Processed > Fabricated > Manufactured > End Product

I used condencers for raw materials, each raw material had to have a specific mk lvl of Relay or Collector on top or to the sides to manage the production of the resource. To move the items in each condencer to the next step in the assembly line I used Filters, in certain spots I used Sorting machines. All items were moved by pneumatic pipes and at places timed (Using timers) inputs into the filters or sorting machines. This was a very very tight setup, although I could maybe have tightened it up even more.

solarj.jpg

By shackkcd at 2012-09-02

Tutorial? lol This looks cool and extremely useful. I was going to suggest having all the materials go into a chest before going to the automatic crafting bench and use pneumatic pipes to draw them out of the chest when there's space.

Last thing, I'm the server admin for a small tekkit server. Now that i have my factory set up, i keep getting "SlotChanging(xx)" all throughout my console. Anyway to disable that?

it a debug message from one of immbis block he forgot to remove , there should be a fix on the forum but updating to the latest version should fix it to, but don't forget to tell your players.