EU management query

Sam6555

So if you have a 120EU/t reactor going directly into an MFSU, and then transformers from the MFSU down into say a 1EU device... where does the energy get stored then?

Device calls for 1EU, MFSU pulls out a 512 packet from its storage and turns on the reactor. It passes that 512 packet down through the transformer line, and the device gets its 1EU, that part is unimportant.

The reactor puts out 120EU/t for 4 tics, the MFSU is now just short 32EU of being full again. (Since 512 EU was removed). The reactor tics again and sends another 120EU. Only 32 of that will fit into the MFSU. Is that other 88EU stored in the reactor then? I guess we could test it and see... if we then force a signal to the reactor to keep it off, and then cause another 512 EU to be pulled from the MFSU, does it then add that "missing" 88 back into the MFSU so the total is then 424 EU short of being full?

So if you have a 120EU/t reactor going directly into an MFSU, and then transformers from the MFSU down into say a 1EU device... where does the energy get stored then?

Device calls for 1EU, MFSU pulls out a 512 packet from its storage and turns on the reactor. It passes that 512 packet down through the transformer line, and the device gets its 1EU, that part is unimportant.

The reactor puts out 120EU/t for 4 tics, the MFSU is now just short 32EU of being full again. (Since 512 EU was removed). The reactor tics again and sends another 120EU. Only 32 of that will fit into the MFSU. Is that other 88EU stored in the reactor then? I guess we could test it and see... if we then force a signal to the reactor to keep it off, and then cause another 512 EU to be pulled from the MFSU, does it then add that "missing" 88 back into the MFSU so the total is then 424 EU short of being full?

Your 1 eu/tick device will blow up if fed by an MFSU directly.

In reality youd need two transformers to step down the HV to LV, and the energy would be stored in those transformers.

If for some reason you have no transformers, then maybe it would get lost, but this would never happen I dont think unless you had advanced machines with transformer upgrades

I never said the 1EU device was fed directly from the MFSU...

So if you have a 120EU/t reactor going directly into an MFSU, and then transformers from the MFSU down into say a 1EU device

That part is unimportant anyway. I'm not talking about energy loss from the MFSU to the devices consuming the EU. The important part, is a wire going directly from a 120EU/t reactor going directly into an MFSU. If the MFSU sends out a 512EU package, and the reactor ticks for 5 ticks, that's 600EU... only 512 of that EU is going to fit into the MFSU. What happens to the other 88EU? Is it "stored" somehow in the reactor or is it lost?

I never said the 1EU device was fed directly from the MFSU...

That part is unimportant anyway. I'm not talking about energy loss from the MFSU to the devices consuming the EU. The important part, is a wire going directly from a 120EU/t reactor going directly into an MFSU. If the MFSU sends out a 512EU package, and the reactor ticks for 5 ticks, that's 600EU... only 512 of that EU is going to fit into the MFSU. What happens to the other 88EU? Is it "stored" somehow in the reactor or is it lost?

I don't know. I've never actually done that before. it might be stored, it might be lost. Go try it out and see!

The only reactors I have ever built that actually didn't have all their power used immediately were ones that put out more than 512 Eu/tick. Thus, I have always had transformers in between my reactor and my batteries in such situations.

And I do know for sure that if you transform from Extreme voltage down to the MFSU, you will not lose your energy.