Hops and Coffee beans

007Nick700

So I've been doing IC² farming for like 2 days now and I got the feeling I'm not doing very good at the crossbreeding. All I got so far from 2 days are some tulips, blackthorn and venomilia. I know the combinations for new plants are random and the system is based on luck but am I doing something wrong? I got my patches set up in a 3x3 square with water in the middle and 2 cropatrons are taking care of them.

IC2 crop breeding is almost completely random. You have the highest chances of obtaining any child plant with a tire +1 or -3 of the parent plants. Placing up to 3 dirt blocks under the farmland block as well as growing your crops in swamp, followed by jungle and mushroom biomes will help cultivation as well.

The trick is to maximize your crossbreeding chance by crossbreeding as many plants as physically possible. Two 3x3 farms will not cut it. A 9x9 farm will grow the rarer plants eventually, however two 9x9 farms will definitely get you going. The 9x9 comes from the fact that water will hydrate, and crop-ma-trons will monitor an area of 4 blocks in all directions from themselves.

IC2 crop breeding is almost completely random. You have the highest chances of obtaining any child plant with a tire +1 or -3 of the parent plants. Placing up to 3 dirt blocks under the farmland block as well as growing your crops in swamp, followed by jungle and mushroom biomes will help cultivation as well.

The trick is to maximize your crossbreeding chance by crossbreeding as many plants as physically possible. Two 3x3 farms will not cut it. A 9x9 farm will grow the rarer plants eventually, however two 9x9 farms will definitely get you going. The 9x9 comes from the fact that water will hydrate, and crop-ma-trons will monitor an area of 4 blocks in all directions from themselves.

Thanks! I'm about 250 blocks away from a mooshroom biome on a server I play on. I'm definatly going to try that.

Biome, dirt underneath, height, water, sky access. That all determined the growth speed, which is helpful but not required for crossbreeding.

Crossbreeding chances are determined by matching a set of hidden attributes, matching the keywords (red/yellow/food/stem/ect...), and the tier (only decreases chances if the tier is too far off). So your best bet is to find a crop that matches the most keywords and mass crossbreed it.

9x9 field with a crop matron and water block in the center, checkerboard with the parent crop and cross sticks, will give you 40 chances per full growth cycle of getting something new while only having to run one matron. Always sneak when you walk across the field, and keep an eye out for weeds while you're growing.

The move and sneak doesn't seem to handle long ping times nicely, especially when the connection has to traverse an ocean.

I gave up on european servers due to this, it was impossible for me to work with crops when the movement prediction code would tell the crop I just jumped on it from 2 blocks away while sneaking.

Alblaka gutted the trample stuff completely in the next version, so hopefully that means we can sprint through fields of hops in the next tekkit without worry.

The move and sneak doesn't seem to handle long ping times nicely, especially when the connection has to traverse an ocean.

I gave up on european servers due to this, it was impossible for me to work with crops when the movement prediction code would tell the crop I just jumped on it from 2 blocks away while sneaking.

Alblaka gutted the trample stuff completely in the next version, so hopefully that means we can sprint through fields of hops in the next tekkit without worry.

What version is that 1.103 or the one that's for 1.3.2 thats not out yet?