Question Offline Tekkit Lan?

Me and my GF both have premium accounts and want to play at home on Tekkit with the launcher. Since it only shows people up as PLAYER on the normal launcher when one of us is on the other cannot. There is a command line you can do to change your name in offline just so the server see you as someone else. Is there a way for both of us to play offline?

We have no internet at home.

while I believe this is possible, I don't think you'll find the answer here. I find it rather hard to believe that you have a nice little lan set up at home and no internet access at all. not to mention you're making this post on the internet. are you making regular trips to the library to check if you got an answer or something?

to be honest, it sounds much more likely that you and your right hand have cracked copies of minecraft.

Lets see, I live in an area where the only internet that is offered is satellite and it is Shite. I currently am at school, that is how I am on the internet. I also have an android phone so I can check this from there. Alas AT&T Limits your usage after 4gb and charges you for overages. I do have a lan set up at home for streaming our content through the house.

Now if someone who knows what they are doing can help me that would be appreciated. If you have negative comments leave them to yourself. Unless it gets your rocks off then go ahead.

Also readt his before you accuse me of using a cracked account http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,827.0.html

except that it does if you change the paths to the correct ones. in fact, I just tested it myself and it worked.

I should correct myself. it WILL run minecraft but logging on to a tekkit server does not work (complains about needing forge).

well then, http://bit.ly/xqi23Z

edit: I should note that I have read that post you so kindly linked as well. I have also scanned the whale box which is full of people trying to trick people into helping them run technic/tekkit on cracked minecraft installs.

Well those people are idiots. I will test your Theory tonight when I am home.

Just to be sure you used

java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -cp "%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\*" -Djava.library.path="%APPDATA%\.minecraft\bin\natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft '"'%1'"'

But what values did you change?

I did use that, yes. I replaced the %1 with a random username, changed the paths for -cp and -D to point to the place the technic launcher installs files. so far it's not working as well as I had hoped though, as my edit says. I'll give you what I have though.

java -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -cp "%APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\tekkit\bin\*" -Djava.library.path="%APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\tekkit\bin\natives" net.minecraft.client.Minecraft "nubcake"

I'm trying to figure out which class needs to be launched in order to enable forge, since doing it this way is clearly bypassing whatever forge does to hook into the game.

edit: found a better solution, but I really don't want to give a helping hand to people who are pirating the game. I will PM it to you.

the OP has clearly done this. the problem comes when 2 people in offline mode connect to a server. your username is set to "player" when in offline mode and the server does not allow duplicate usernames. thus, the second person connects and gets the boot because "player" is already taken.

You could connect to the internet just long enough to join the server, once you are verified you should be able to disconnect from the internet. You should be able to use your phone for this as it would be very little traffic.

I had the same problem... minus the gf part :P Just use a name changing plugin like this one

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/admn-fix-authplayer-v1-0-1-offline-mode-usernames-and-authentication-953.25214/

Glad i could help.

This works, sort of.... The last person to log in, lets say me, has all of the power. My gf has to be within ten blocks or so to me to be able to do things other than destroy. So as you can see it is not effective.

Also t mobile likes to limit my internet for some reason, instead of getting my high speed I get all slow speed so I can't even use it to log in.

I didn't necessarily mean for you to use that one, it's out of date and not being developed for. But i'm sure with a bit of searching you could find a better similar one. i used to use the one i linked a long time ago, even then it was buggy and required lots of disconnecting and reconnecting to get somewhat working. I don't lan anymore but I'm sure there's better one's. good luck. :D

I didn't necessarily mean for you to use that one, it's out of date and not being developed for. But i'm sure with a bit of searching you could find a better similar one. i used to use the one i linked a long time ago, even then it was buggy and required lots of disconnecting and reconnecting to get somewhat working. I don't lan anymore but I'm sure there's better one's. good luck. :D

Quit bumping topics more than a day old. I've told you this before.