Iritated

Mageleon3860

The original geothermal generator from Industrial Craft did not accept lava being pumped into it via BuildCraft pipes. It would only accept either lava buckets or cells. Thus the geothermal generator mkII was included to allow cross compatibility with both BuildCraft and Industrial craft. The more recent versions of the geothermal generator do allow lava to be pumped in directly, however, making the mkII generator a bit redundant. To use it, simple pump lava into it and hook up some cable to one of its faces. I believe it produces 20 EU/t; the same as a regular geothermal generator.

The water strainer is to the water mill as the geothermal generator mkII is to the geothermal generator. The only added bonus is that the water strainer can be placed inline with an oil pipe, and will convert the water into EU and allow the oil to pass freely through the other side. Applying a redstone signal will destroy the excess water if you do not feel like hooking up a cable. This is useful if you are pumping oil from the ocean.

THANK YOU! my next question was about the water strainer i though it did something but i though it was only for getting rid of water, would work greatly with a pump into a 3x3 Thank you, also could you answer these 3 questions.

1. how do i convert industrial power to buildcraft i only know how to do buildcraft > industrial

2. how much EU/MJ does the thaumcraft generator produce? i don't know the proper name sorry :)

3. and lastly what does the EnergyLink do? i have a hunch that the energylink and question 1 are related

Thanks once again sorry for keep asking i suppose im now very good with the machines.

electrical engines are part of forestry.

forestry is not in the technic pack anymore.

ergo, your post is invalid.

His post is invalid, but not for the reason you're saying it is. First, the new electrical engines are from the Transformers mod, and are in Technic. But OP is using Tekkit, because there 's still the converter mod, since there is the Energy Link.

The Energy Link is just like the electrical engines from either mod. There's a little loss of energy, but you can't help it, sadly.

The Thaumic generator makes 2 MJ per tick, or 15 EU/t, and you're not asking, but you might want to know it produces 8 amps of RP energy. It's basically the equivalent of 15 IC2 solar panels, 2 steam engines or 4 RP solar panels. It doesn't need any player interaction (No need for cooling, etc) other than a source of vis, making it easier to setup than the combustion engine, who needs oil/fuel AND cooling.

It's from the Transformers mod, keep up lol. Also, Xylord, I don't see where OP mentions Tekkit, but he does mention Thaumcraft, so wouldn't that make it Technic?

You're right, this is strange. But converters is in Tekkit, not in Technic, where Transformers replaced it, and the energy link is without any doubt from the converters mod, so... I'm being an idiot, or we have an incoherence here.

Uh,

http://www.technicpack.net/technic/

In the mod list, the power converters is still there, but I just checked ingame, and Transformers did replace power converters, so there's a little error here.

Checked ingame for Tekkit, and there still is converters there.

So, we do have an incoherence.

Maybe. The oil and lava fabricators are pretty neat, if you ask me.

Yea there pretty nice, always use them

and i have forestry in mine so i have electric engines and thanks Xylord helped alot

It's from the Transformers mod, keep up lol. Also, Xylord, I don't see where OP mentions Tekkit, but he does mention Thaumcraft, so wouldn't that make it Technic?

Exactly :) This is the Technic Forums isn't it? O.o

Wait, so does this mean you can now pipe water directly to water mills? Instead of setting up RedPower retrievers, deployers, and filters?

No, the water water strainer isn't in default IC2, only in the converter mod. So you can't pump water directly in the water mills. You can put buckets in them though.

I knew about the buckets. My confusion was a result of warpspeed stating that you could now pump lava directly into geothermals and that the mark II geothermals were now obsolete, and then saying that the water strainer was to the water mill as the mark II was to the regular geothermal.

To bad, I have several ideas that I could re-purpose my three retrievers for, but oh well.