Vital plugins for a secure server

AdrenalineON

Watch the sharks lock this thread for being too helpful.

TekkitRestrict - Reduce fly speed to ward off hack client's crashing your server

Essentials - Find player's IP address, set personal homes, new teleport commands, decent sign shop

EssentialsChat - Messaging

EssentialsProtect - Protected Signs

EssentialsSpawn - Spawn

WorldBorders - Good to restrict resources and players from building far from spawn

WorldGuard - Set flags to deny pvp, building etc in defined regions

WorldEdit - Select regions, set, replace thousands of blocks instantly

VanishNoPacket - Straightforward vanish plugin for voyeurism of players

DisableCraft - Recognizes item ranges, what I mean by that is, if you disable RM furnace in essentials id 126:4. It will disable all items in the 126 range and not recognize the sub-id.

Logblock/Hawkeye - You'll need to patch the EE mod for bukkit to log EE item use: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/patch-for-ee-mining-tools-no-more-griefing-with-them.6642/

Like dis if u cry evrytiem

A few issues with the list:

1) There are plenty of alternatives to essentials, and it does nothing for security.

2) Modifyworld works much better then disablecraft, and it is many times more powerful. Take the effort to set it up.

3) After the spawn is built, it might be a good idea to remove worldedit. In any case, it does not contribute to security.

4) There are plenty of anti greif tools, don't just include the ones you like.

Watch the sharks lock this thread for being too helpful.

It's not that helpful, I wouldn't worry.

Usually a good server also has a permissions plugin.

disablecraft does recognize data values. Use 126::4.

pixlepix

1) What exactly do you mean it does not contribute to security?

2) Disablecraft can be very simple to set up. Just because something is more powerful doesn't mean it is always better.

3) WorldEdit is extremely useful for many things other than building spawn.

4) The entire point of this thread is for the OP to say what plugins he is using/likes.

1) There are plenty of alternatives to essentials, and it does nothing for security.

It was added due to functionality.

2) Modifyworld works much better then disablecraft, and it is many times more powerful. Take the effort to set it up.

Send me a private message, and we'll debate this. Why have more when the only use of either plugins (with the prior being faster to config) is to block an item. KISS Keep.It.Simple.Stupid.

3) After the spawn is built, it might be a good idea to remove worldedit. In any case, it does not contribute to security.

You are implying indirectly that the //wand is no longer needed to world guard future regions. Who's to say the spawn is a flat slab of bedrock that needs extending due to lenience on griefing items. Your comment =/= sense = none.

4) There are plenty of anti greif tools, don't just include the ones you like.

Again, you are implying this was in any way, shape, or form directed to encompass ALL plugins of the category.

Hidden

126::4 is what you use in disablecraft

DisableCraft - Recognizes item ranges, what I mean by that is, if you disable RM furnace in essentials id 126:4. It will disable all items in the 126 range and not recognize the sub-id.

I was just pointing out that disablecraft does recognize data values. You said in the first post that you used 126:4, with one colon.

I was just correcting you using the correct format.

Persistent little weasels aren't we, trying to derail a thread.

Actually, you did a pretty good job of derailing it from your intended purpose when you first posted it. Then more when you started writing in all bold.

(not that i mind personally, but insulting people isn't a good way to make friends.)

It's not that helpful, I wouldn't worry.

Usually a good server also has a permissions plugin.

disablecraft does recognize data values. Use 126::4.

pixlepix

1) What exactly do you mean it does not contribute to security?

I mean exactly that. Essentials does nothing for security, and there are tons of alternatives.

2) Disablecraft can be very simple to set up. Just because something is more powerful doesn't mean it is always better.

Personally, I like having flexibility. For example, with modifyworld I can block interacting with certain items, such as volcanite, evertide and philosophers stone, but allow crafting with them. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that is possible with disablecraft.

3) WorldEdit is extremely useful for many things other than building spawn.

Yes, but the title of the thread talks about security. Worldedit is the worst security risk out there, possibly excluding lwc admin.

4) The entire point of this thread is for the OP to say what plugins he is using/likes.

I don't see that anywhere. I see the OP proclaiming that there are vital plugins.

Hidden

I was just pointing out that disablecraft does recognize data values. You said in the first post that you used 126:4, with one colon.

I was just correcting you using the correct format.

Actually, you did a pretty good job of derailing it from your intended purpose when you first posted it. Then more when you started writing in all bold.

(not that i mind personally, but insulting people isn't a good way to make friends.)

>making friends on the internet, oh boy you have a long way to go.

A grammar nazi correcting a single ":", again are you that pathetic?

Hidden

I actually have plenty of friends on the internet. And i strive to be nice in every post i make.

The syntax in YAML files must be exactly correct to work.

This isn't a case of a grammar nazi, its a case of proper, and necessary, conguration.

If i was a grammar nazi I would be pointing out all the numerous grammar mistakes you have made.

Hidden

I actually have plenty of friends on the internet. And i strive to be nice in every post i make.

The syntax in YAML files must be exactly correct to work.

This isn't a case of a grammar nazi, its a case of proper, and necessary, conguration.

If i was a grammar nazi I would be pointing out all the numerous grammar mistakes you have made.

Ok to each their own

I would add an anti-spam/advertising plugin (can be done with 1 plugin - like AntiAd), Alchemy chest dupe plugin, LWC, RedstoneClockDetector, and Tim so you can '/enchant all' to 1-shot griefers before you ban them which then causes them to rage and troll your forums, facebook, minestatus, and tekkitserverlist (yes, I love it).

Also, you didn't mention any anti-grief measures except LogBlock, which is not preventative. Since you have no preventative griefing measures in place for your players (let's be real: giving out per-player regions with WG is not fun) you will also need a modreq plugin. No Towny, Factions, GriefPrevention? By the way, you don't NEED the wand to create a region...but who would remove WorldEdit anyway?!

You should also grab this awesome copy of WorldEdit so you can move micro blocks from RedPower: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldedit/files/16-world-edit-5-4-2/

I am sure that I can post more essential plugins later. No pun intended.

I would add an anti-spam/advertising plugin (can be done with 1 plugin - like AntiAd), Alchemy chest dupe plugin, LWC, RedstoneClockDetector, and Tim so you can '/enchant all' to 1-shot griefers before you ban them which then causes them to rage and troll your forums, facebook, minestatus, and tekkitserverlist (yes, I love it).

Also, you didn't mention any anti-grief measures except LogBlock, which is not preventative. Since you have no preventative griefing measures in place for your players (let's be real: giving out per-player regions with WG is not fun) you will also need a modreq plugin. No Towny, Factions, GriefPrevention? By the way, you don't NEED the wand to create a region...but who would remove WorldEdit anyway?!

You should also grab this awesome copy of WorldEdit so you can move micro blocks from RedPower: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/worldedit/files/16-world-edit-5-4-2/

I am sure that I can post more essential plugins later. No pun intended.

And what if it is a hardcore server? The worldedit tip seems neat though :)

And what if it is a hardcore server? The worldedit tip seems neat though :)

You probably still want all that. Spamming/advertising is freaking annoying, dupe fixing, could drop LWC and just run Factions, RCD finds lag, and you could drop Tim...but again that's clearly mandatory for slaying griefers! I can't tell you how fun it is to 1-shot someone who thinks they're a boss at PvP before you ban them. We just had a guy threaten to take us to court last night. Modreq is always nice so that users can send you tickets for things like donation ranks or whatever when you're offline. Even if you are anarchy and allow griefing, that mod can be of service.

That's hardly professional if you delete my entire post.

>mfw thread is derailed already

Right I think I will lock this thread now, to prevent future post-*****ing.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but only mods can lock threads.

Edit: Also, they don't need to be "professional" as you call it. they do they're job fine the way they do it now. they don't care if you think that they aren't acting "professional". They'll just tell you to get out or get bent.

I was referring to LWC and area protection. And my experience with modreq involves users spamming it.

You can ban them from the system with a simple command, depending on the plugin that is. You can also make Factions release LWC when an enemy claims their land. But, to each his own.

Check the date of my original post, I'm the first person on these forums to tell ya'll about Tekkit Restrict. Worship me, your based OP.

Also, http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/must-have-plugins-and-modifications-for-a-tekkit-server.25505/

Copied my plugins and based his thread off mine.

Dude, you REALLY want that credit for posting something on here after it was on bukkit dev, don't you?

Let it go, man. It's not like you get moderator on these forums for posting a nice link before someone else.

• 7 months later...

hi can someone plz tell me how i do so my players have locked chest and machines, i tryed LWC but it olny locks minecraft intems same with secureChest.... so can some one tell me a good plugin that lock the chest/machines?