How can i combine multiple PCs to run a single Tekkit server?

earthpalladin

I'm not sure how feasible it would be to run a bukkit server via distributed computing... you could run multiple servers as different 'worlds', but I don't think you're going to be able to do what you want without way more effort than it's worth, assuming it's possible at all.

What you're talking about doing is a running a Beowulf cluster. That's advanced computing and not what you need unless you're trying to crack the encryption on a batch of files (and then P4 won't cut it).

Getting a barebone pedestal server and going from there would be ideal. Something with a Xeon chip, throw in lots of memory; you know, the works.

Okay, after consulting with a brony working at IBM-

You would need to do some serious cutting and pasting of bits of motherboard.

Plus, running everything through the port 137 protocol as you would have to would mean that the speed increase across the systems would be negligible.

Think of a quad core processor. It's the same thing, but they are right next to each other. Port 137 protocol wouldn't be able to match the motherboard speeds, even with the highest speed, largest bandwidth piece of cable in the world.

Okay, after consulting with a brony working at IBM-

You would need to do some serious cutting and pasting of bits of motherboard.

Plus, running everything through the port 137 protocol as you would have to would mean that the speed increase across the systems would be negligible.

Think of a quad core processor. It's the same thing, but they are right next to each other. Port 137 protocol wouldn't be able to match the motherboard speeds, even with the highest speed, largest bandwidth piece of cable in the world.

basicly build 1 monster server for the same price

Tekkit does have transporter support, so multiple servers might be feasible. Think I saw a plugin to link chat of multiple servers.

not what he wants to do he wants a single server from multiple PC's he can do that buts its not worth the effort if you already have them sell them and build a single server