Bluetricity <-> Industrial Craft energy link?

AaronLee

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I did a quick search and didn't find a specific topic.

Now I'm assuming there's currently no way to convert Bluetricity into Industrial Craft EUs. As such I wonder what would be required to get one in? I'd kind of prefer to hook bluetricity devices, like bluelectric alloy furnaces into my existing IC solar grid rather then have to run two incompatible power grids parallel to each other. Is there some unit conversion discrepancy that would make this hard?

Not in any meaningful way, no. You can use blutricity to power pumps to pump lava directly to geothermal generators, but that's the extent of it.

Blutricity is much more realistic (measured in volts and amps) than EU. It would be nice to see a conversion, but I'm not sure how it would work exactly. 8 EU could potentially be 100 V or something and packet size would affect the voltage.

If there were some way to convert one of them to Vis, you could use the thaumic generator, but that's hardly an option... without a lot of work, anyway. I guess converting the EU into UU matter and then cooking valuable byproducts of that to get vis to power bluetricity based equipment could work, but there's no real reverse for that. And it requires a whole lot of needless convoluted nonsense.

Edit: And it's probably really inefficient too.

Eloraam doesn't like people modding her mod. There was once a Blutricity to EU mod, but Eloraam asked it to be put down.

That's really unfortunate. It seems a bit silly to mod a game that offers open modding and not extend the same support for said mod :/

Sacriur: I don't know too much about current vs. voltage, but couldn't voltage be likened to EU packet size and amperage to the total EU going through a wire? Mostly shooting in the dark here.

Current is what you measure when you use an EU reader. Voltage is the packet size. In IC it's simplifying these electrical concepts into a more MC friendly way (blutricity is less MC friendly, but more true to RL).

You could make an EU to blutricity mod, but you would have to copy some of Eloraam's code (which apparently she doesn't like?). You can get around this limitation by creating a mod with a block that emits sunlight in the right amounts in one direction. To keep the system from being abused you would need to require 512 EU/t for full time operation.

Call it a controlled fusion star creator or something to justify the cost, and since sunlight won't really diffuse after any number of blocks (in a straight line) then include a mirror box where you can shift around the light beam.

There might be an IC2 addon to RP2 that does this. I know that alot of people over on the IC2 forums prefer RP2 to BC2, and I think that one of the conditions has for granting permission to a modpack is for the modpack to have. RedPower, which suggest more integration between IC2 and RP2. So I would check the IC2 forums.

Actually I was thinking of powering bluelectric devices with IC EUs.

Yeah life would be harder without the energy link. I wouldn't want to go through all of the trouble of getting an oil refinery to pipe oil through liquid pipes to in order to make fuel to pipe into an explosion-prone combustion engine.