Best dubstep/electro house song in your opinion?

MrFly

My favourite genre is chillstep too although I also like brostep, Chillstep is great because it really shows the musicality of dubstep and it doesn't have to be wub-wubs every now and then.

Songs you should listen to are

Arkasia - Invisible Bridge

Zedd - Spectrum (Lucky Star Remix)

Xilent - Touch Sound

Kill Paris - Tender Love

Adventure Club - Rise and Fall ft. Krewella

and for some Chill Glitch Hop

Seven Lions - She Was

Heard every remix of spectrum and made one myself. The keys and krates remix of rise and fall is the shit!

EDIT:

best dubstep song ever...excision - bass conon... try to survive phrase 1

FAIL. It is bass cannon and phase 1. The song is actually called Existence VIP and it is alright I guess. Excision is playing in my area in april and I think I will go see him.

I have listened to all songs listed here... please, can someone explain to me what this even is? Whilst not wanting to hurt someone's feelings, but I just don't get it.

I am fascinated by the fact that this is called music and people actually appreciate it. Again, I don't want a war or something: I want to get it.

I play as lead guitar in a band, (doing that for 11 years now) so I know about conventional music: it has structure, like: a chorus, a bridge, a solo etc. (Let's stick with the structure thing) whereas dubstep only has an intro, which often is quite nice. But after the intro it's just wap wap, bass drop thingy, wap wap, some traffic sounds etc... After the intro dubstep is just a non coherent bundle of sound (right? Or am I biased?)

I could understand when people like Justin bieber and one direction became popular, it's simple happy music for the non-complex listener. But, what is dubstep? Should I see it as art? Like: classical music =ancient Greek art, rock/pop = modern and dubstep = impressionistic or expressionistic, something like that?

I sure hope someone can explain this to me....

I have listened to all songs listed here... please, can someone explain to me what this even is? Whilst not wanting to hurt someone's feelings, but I just don't get it.

I am fascinated by the fact that this is called music and people actually appreciate it. Again, I don't want a war or something: I want to get it.

I play as lead guitar in a band, (doing that for 11 years now) so I know about conventional music: it has structure, like: a chorus, a bridge, a solo etc. (Let's stick with the structure thing) whereas dubstep only has an intro, which often is quite nice. But after the intro it's just wap wap, bass drop thingy, wap wap, some traffic sounds etc... After the intro dubstep is just a non coherent bundle of sound (right? Or am I biased?)

I could understand when people like Justin bieber and one direction became popular, it's simple happy music for the non-complex listener. But, what is dubstep? Should I see it as art? Like: classical music =ancient Greek art, rock/pop = modern and dubstep = impressionistic or expressionistic, something like that?

I sure hope someone can explain this to me....

Everyone has different tastes in music. My sister hates dubstep. Not to be a hipster or anything but I have liked dubstep before it was even popular. My friends like classic rock which I do aswell. You may be a lead guitarist in a band and thats cool but you have a different opinion. My dad likes classical and thats how things are.

Everyone has different tastes in music. My sister hates dubstep. Not to be a hipster or anything but I have liked dubstep before it was even popular. My friends like classic rock which I do aswell. You may be a lead guitarist in a band and thats cool but you have a different opinion. My dad likes classical and thats how things are.

No, it's not like that... I don't understand how this is seen as music, not as in: I don't like it, but I honestly don't understand. I mean, I don't like classical but I do appreciate it as music; I don't have that with dubstep...

No, it's not like that... I don't understand how this is seen as music, not as in: I don't like it, but I honestly don't understand. I mean, I don't like classical but I do appreciate it as music; I don't have that with dubstep...

It takes just as much effort as any other genre. That is all.

I get where you are coming from, but dubstep is different, dubstep is just defined as electronic music which instead of having 4 beats per bar, it has 2. That is the only difference between dubstep and other music. And this is the same kind of difference with other forms of music... Rap will generally have a lot of vocals and a signature accompaniment. That is the difference between rap and other music.

also regarding appreciation, although dubstep musicians dont have to sing, they have to digitally recreate every sound. You cant just whip out a new instrument to make their sounds. a lot of dubstep artists have their significant sound. On top of this, in modern day pop songs, you will have maybe two or three vocal tracks and 10-15 other tracks containing synths, drums, guitar riffs and so on. These guys can have up to 50 different tracks on the same song. They also have to make sure that each track has got the perfect mix of added effects like distortion or bass/treble levels. And then finally, they have to make sure each track is on time perfectly with the tempo. These guys are awesome at what they do.

btw big ups for being in a band i always wanted to make music but never had the time to

FAIL. It is bass cannon and phase 1. The song is actually called Existence VIP and it is alright I guess. Excision is playing in my area in april and I think I will go see him.

lol I remember that song. I thought he was talking about flux pavillion, but i was confused when he said survive phrase one. oh well