Electrolyzer

Mageleon3860

i've been having some problems with this machine, now since i've gone further up on machines has in getting, rotary macerators, inductions furnaces and singularity compressors i wanna upgrade my extractor but i cant get the cells required.

could someone simple tell me how to power this machine or does it not work?

i've tried the following

• buildcraft power
  • mfe > machine
  • solar panels > machince
  • generator
  • geo-thermal generator

am i missing something? im not the cheating type if i can't get something :)

Edit:

Having problems with forcefields has well someone care to explain

The electrolyzer is a non-power block, meaning it has no input/output sides for EU. You place it right next to a MFE or a MFSU and you put water cells in the left slot of the electrolyzer. If the MFE/MFSU is charged over 75%, the electrolyzer slowly takes EU at a rate of 10/t. It takes 15000/10=1500 ticks to completely fill a water cell, but you lose 10% of the EU. So electrolyzed water cells actually store 13500 EU. Whenever the MFE or MFSU's charge drops below 75%, the electrolyzed water cells that were still in there will be turned back into water cells and they give off the stored 13500 EU. This is basically what the wikipage says about this.

the electrolyzer can charge or discharge water cells into electrolyzed cells as a means of "backup" for a storage unit. this is why only storage devices can power it and why it must contact the storage device directly and not be cabled like a machine.

Thanks didn't really get what the cells did except be used to make something

Also, MFFS requires its own power. You'll need an MFFS Generator Core and an MFFS EU Injector.

i figured that out just not getting power to the core.

the injector must be placed such that it touches the bottom of the core unit. and then of course you need redstone to turn them on.

ahh.. thats what i did wrong i knew i needed the core and injector thank you.

Isn't the injector an item? Oh yeah, MFFS 1. Please Technic crew, update to Thunderdark's MFFS2! It's better in almost every way, and it doesn't look like crap either! :/

yes i agree i've seen many reviews over that and it is so much simpliar.

The electrolyzer is a non-power block, meaning it has no input/output sides for EU. You place it right next to a MFE or a MFSU and you put water cells in the left slot of the electrolyzer. If the MFE/MFSU is charged over 75%, the electrolyzer slowly takes EU at a rate of 10/t. It takes 15000/10=1500 ticks to completely fill a water cell, but you lose 10% of the EU. So electrolyzed water cells actually store 13500 EU. Whenever the MFE or MFSU's charge drops below 75%, the electrolyzed water cells that were still in there will be turned back into water cells and they give off the stored 13500 EU. This is basically what the wikipage says about this.

O.o kinda tricky to keep up with this but i understand :)